• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Yeah, I'd do that. I think we have enough wingers in the system to get by without any other money additions up front, just spend on the back end and whatever we can sort out. Can probably get that retention and push either Kampf or Jarnkrok on them.
If kampf that means it's 2.1MM additional for the first 3 years. Very reasonable.

If kampf that means it's 2.1MM additional for the first 3 years. Very reasonable.

and I know we dislike him here, but Kampf isn't a terrible player. Just limited and our cap structure can't allow for a 4C to make 2.4, nor can our desire to win hockey games allow for him as a 3C.

There are teams in the league who would be fine with him at 2.4 to be a functional 4C that doesn't need sheltering.

With that said, the organization already likes Jarnkrok and would probably want him back instead. Which yeah, whatev.

and I know we dislike him here, but Kampf isn't a terrible player. Just limited and our cap structure can't allow for a 4C to make 2.4, nor can our desire to win hockey games allow for him as a 3C.

There are teams in the league who would be fine with him at 2.4 to be a functional 4C that doesn't need sheltering.

With that said, the organization already likes Jarnkrok and would probably want him back instead. Which yeah, whatev.
Either work. Both leave us wanting more for the roles our former coach played them in.

Knies - matthews - Nylander
Tavares - Kadri- marner

Is a hell of a top 6.

Either work. Both leave us wanting more for the roles our former coach played them in.

Knies - matthews - Nylander
Tavares - Kadri- marner

Is a hell of a top 6.

I'd give Tavares two grinder types and let him have a good north-south 3rd line where his speed isn't a problem and he can hang out in the low slot and around the boards where his hands are still a positive. He can't keep up with Nylander, we've seen it. Meh.

Robertson-Matthews-Marner
XXXXX-Kadri-Nylander
Knies-Tavares-McMann
Holmberg-Kampf-XXXXXX

Tavares + robertson + liljegren

For

Kadri + weegar

giphy.gif

Would actually make us better.

Don't love the cap related stuff and the young player cost, but it's AAV neutral and we'd be better.
Terrible.

Tavares could outperform Kadri, Kadri could fall off a cliff, stuck with his full contract for the rest of the term with no retention, Robertson could emerge into a 25+ goal stud next year, Lilly could finally fulfill his destiny without Keefe. All just to get Weegar? No thanks.

Back