• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

But he hasn't the last few years.

Same age as Tavares

Weegar's a top 20 defender in the league. If Robbie scores 25 and Lilly has a good steady step forward next year they still wouldn't be as valuable combined as Weegar.
Same age as Tavares, but if both go to shit, which contract would you rather have?

Robbie and Lilly either step up and reach their potential, or they don't. But if one or both does, that's huge. Especially with their cheap deals.

Weegar would be a nice add, but not at that crazy cost and risk. I wouldn't touch that Kadri contract without 50% retained.

Same age as Tavares, but if both go to shit, which contract would you rather have?

This year? The 7 million dollar one. Worry about next year, next year at this point.

Robbie and Lilly either step up and reach their potential, or they don't. But if one or both does, that's huge. Especially with their cheap deals.

Lilly isn't cheap anymore

I wouldn't touch that Kadri contract without 50% retained.

I don't love it, but the same logic applies to all of these contracts that seem to go way long into a guys late 30's. These guys all finish their career on Robidas now.

Yeah, sorry. I roll with Tavares, see what Robbie and Lilly can do under the new coach, and add in other ways, then have massive flexibility the year after to do better.

Ditching Robbie and Lilly now would be as stupid as becoming GM and rolling with the loser coach you inherited, which nobody would be stupid enough to...do?

GettyImages-451342600-1024x714.jpg

Back