• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I don't take much out of the taking penalties thing considering the NHLs interest in evening up calls. If that's what brings Domi down then it's somewhat artificial. His lack of d is the bigger concern for me.

Domi was pretty dominant in small samples with Matty and to a lesser extent Mucho. Think I’m okay with it. Woulda liked a bit more discount but seems like a fair deal.

If this d crop wasn't so strong I'd say Zadorov is a lovely risk to take. He's got decent puck skills and could well be a second pair guy. There isn't much proof of it beyond a few stretches here and there and he does tend to lose his composure and make some boneheaded plays that may prevent him from being that player... But a giant that can move the puck is not a bad thing. And his playoff resume, while tiny, has been excellent recently.

But it's just annoying that Tre goes all in on familiarity and the brand name. Not very cost effective.

Yeah, passing on better defenders is the biggest issue here, not that Zadorov is bad.

I didn't want him when he went to Vancouver because the media acted like it would take a 1st+ for the Leafs to grab him (and I much preferred that they'd aim higher). Then he went for almost nothing and then the Leafs traded for far worse players for the same cost. Then I hated myself.

Same deal with Tanev. But I was wrong about that... He was worth it even if they paid a 1st rounder.

If one believes in playoff beasts he wont be overpayed at 5.5-6M but then one would have to believe in playoff wallflowers…

I think it’s the prevalent if not the unanimous consensus among NHL GMs

I didn't want him when he went to Vancouver because the media acted like it would take a 1st+ for the Leafs to grab him (and I much preferred that they'd aim higher). Then he went for almost nothing and then the Leafs traded for far worse players for the same cost. Then I hated myself.

Same deal with Tanev. But I was wrong about that... He was worth it even if they paid a 1st rounder.

Yeah, we should have just spent the Eddy + Boosh picked on Tanev + Zadorov earlier in the season, but fucking Pizza boy managed to make Calgary so angry at him they apparently won't deal with him.

Fucking fuck I hate this nepo baby twat.

In fairness Boosh is also a “playoff beast”

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.png

Back