• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

God, today is going to be an epic fucking disaster, isn’t it?

Going to be so cool signing bottom-pairing OEL, or 95-year old Chris Tanev and paying them only slightly less per season than Carolina just re-signed Slavin for.

And then paying some garbage 30 year-old minor-pro journeyman/career backup $4M per year long-term because their nerd stats in their career-high 20 starts look good.

God, today is going to be an epic fucking disaster, isn’t it?

Going to be so cool signing bottom-pairing OEL, or 95-year old Chris Tanev and paying them only slightly less per season than Carolina just re-signed Slavin for.

And then paying some garbage 30 year-old minor-pro journeyman/career backup $4M per year long-term because their nerd stats in their career-high 20 starts look good.
Louder for the dummies in the back!

If the #s are all right they are totally capped out with a bottom 6 of McMann, Holmberg, Krok, Dewar, Kampf, Reaves.

To be fair i don't really want to be adding any bottom 6 guys with Cowen Minten Grebenkin knocking on the door.

But it sure would be nice using the few million overpaid to kampf krok reaves to help add a really good dman.

This offseason is the one that hurts the most for me, just because of what was out there and what they could have possibly done. I came into it hoping for two of Roy, Tanev, Skjei, Montour and instead we get Tanev and OEL for basically the same money.

Zero longterm solutions. An old dude who is legit fantastic for now and a third pair old dude for $4m.

Back