• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

No idea why we didn’t even give him one game last year, cmon.

sJXCVL.gif

No idea why we didn’t even give him one game last year, cmon.

Because we didn’t want to risk ruining his confidence, dummy.

Instead, we smartly boosted his confidence by interrupting his AHL hot streak to make him sit on the bench for a couple weeks until he got ice cold. While making it abundantly clear to him that we had zero faith in his ability to play even a single second of NHL action, even in games against a couple of the worst teams in the league during that stretch.

View: https://x.com/TLNdc/status/1811120112373747997

Its just weird that they wouldn't go to 6-7 * $6 for him. He'd still be younger at the expiry of that deal than Tanev/OEL will be.

Yeah that's what I don't get. It wasn't that difficult to clear up that extra 2.5m from oel. If it would have cost them 6 to get him to come to Canada then I'm not sure they were ever really that interested. They chose cheap + convenience over a touch more expensive + creativity.

Yeah, a healthy Matt Murray would be a game changer.

But also, a Unicorn would win the Kentucky Derby by 10 lengths.
Yeah unicorns are no Secretariat. Of course that 31 length win way at Belmont, the longest of the 3 races.

Any NHL general manager wants to surround themselves with his people, and build that kind of loyalty over a career. It's worked pretty well for him, off the ice anyway. On the ice, he made it work up to the AHL level.

Back