• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I remember getting the news of the Roberts/Mogilny signings while out at our camp with no electricity and sketchy cell service.
We now have a powerful solar system and Starlink internets, and the news has never been as exciting as that was.

I remember getting the news of the Roberts/Mogilny signings while out at our camp with no electricity and sketchy cell service.
We now have a powerful solar system and Starlink internets, and the news has never been as exciting as that was.
Wasn't Corson at the same time at Robert's?

I remember listening to the radio and hearing them say that both were looking to make a decision the next day

What a glorious day that was. I was in London England for a trip. Everyday I went to the local library to use their internet to get my daily Leafs fix and there I saw the news.
Weird to say now, but that is one of my more memorable Leafs experiences.

What a glorious day that was. I was in London England for a trip. Everyday I went to the local library to use their internet to get my daily Leafs fix and there I saw the news.
Weird to say now, but that is one of my more memorable Leafs experiences.
Similar to when I was on a cruise and used my 15 free min to log into FI and found out we signed Clarke McArthur

1997: D.King, I.Korolev, K.King
1998: C.Joseph, S.Thomas, G.Valk
1999: J.Hoglund, D.Kristich*
2000: G.Roberts, S.Corson, D.Manson
2001: A.Mogilny, A.Eriksson
2002: E.Belfour, T.Fitzgerald
2003: J.Nieuwendyk, K.Klee, B.Marchment

March 5, 9, 11, 2003TRADES: F Owen Nolan from San Jose for McCauley, F Brad Boyes and a first-round pick (D Mark Stuart); D Glen Wesley from Carolina for a second-rounder; D Phil Housley from Chicago for future considerations, Gilmour from Montreal for a sixth-rounder.

he actually admits the real issue in the piece - that leafs fans are the only fanbase that don't get to enjoy an actual home broadcast, like everyone else gets:

"And that’s the problem you get when you’re broadcasting on the national level out of Toronto. They want a local broadcast but at the same time, the broadcasters are broadcasting to every corner of the province. You might be broadcasting a game where the New York Islanders are playing and the young men who play for the Islanders are from all different parts of Canada as well. And their people are invested in it. It’s a really a hard one to win in that sense.”

What a shitty cop out.

You see, it's really a balancing act between the 99.9999% of Leaf fans who have tuned into to cheer on their team, and ensuring that the Staal family and the rest of Thunder Bay feel like their investment in the game is being equally valued.

So you see, that's why it sounds like my favourite Aunt just died every time the Leafs score.

Fuck off.

Back