• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

everything you guys say it's true but doesn't change the fact that it's hard (and rare) to rip the C from someone's sweater....

I think his comments at season end's interviews didn't help "We were right there..." Ugh. Not when the team is 1-8 in playoff series...

I think his comments at season end's interviews didn't help "We were right there..." Ugh. Not when the team is 1-8 in playoff series...

None of his comments any year have helped. None of his performances have helped. He's the wrong temperment to lead a team with goals of winning the whole thing, he's the wrong calibre of player to lead a team with goals of winning the whole thing.

both things are true

The one trumps the other imo. He was gifted everything he wanted, put in a near perfect position to be a complete and utter Toronto legend. Comes home in his prime to a massive contract and a heroes welcome at a time where we were able to surround him with multiple players better than he is. Gets gifted the C because our franchise player did some random dumb kid shit while drunk and his old man tried to cover it up. Had a fantastic opportunity to put his name in Leafs history above names like Dougie, Wendel, Sundin & Sittler by actually winning and he fucking flopped as hard as I've ever seen a supposed star player flop.

This really was identical to the Biden situation in a lot of ways. They had to do it.

For all of my shit talking about him, I appreciate that he was open to do this and I'm open to him staying if he's moved to the wing and signs an actually team friendly extension. 5.5x5 or some shit for years 34-38 is not what I consider team friendly. Dude shoplifted about 15 million out of us over the last 6 years, I don't expect that back but if he's looking at getting paid market with term again, hard pass.

For all of my shit talking about him, I appreciate that he was open to do this and I'm open to him staying if he's moved to the wing and signs an actually team friendly extension. 5.5x5 or some shit for years 34-38 is not what I consider team friendly. Dude shoplifted about 15 million out of us over the last 6 years, I don't expect that back but if he's looking at getting paid market with term again, hard pass.
3x3 with a handshake that he walks into an "ambassador" role when he retires.

3x3 with a handshake that he walks into an "ambassador" role when he retires.

This would be fine. And then Spezza-style NHL minimum deals for any additional years he wants to stick around beyond that.

Anything more than that, and you just cut the cord once his deal is done. Maybe he could go join Stamkos & O’Reilly in Nashville.

Back