• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I don't deal in absolutes where you constantly move the goal posts. Their goalies have let in muffins at the absolute worst times in series that do not show up on the scoresheet. Maybe you should actually watch the playoffs.

You're wrong, their goaltending is more at fault than anything else and this "totally" bullshit is a red herring. Fish elsewhere Bubba.
I am not moving any goal posts

LeafGM nailed it perfectly in post # 7550 , every facet takes some blame

If that's the case holmberg better be ready for 3rd line C duty.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Robertson - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Holmberg - Nylander

From a brief scan of the article, he seems to be taking the Jonas Siegel position that Domi was a horriawful complete liability when he played 3C, because “something something nerd stats”.

I think that’s complete BS though. I thought he did a perfectly cromulent job in that role. Though he did obviously shine more as a winger for Matthews. Nice to have a guy who can competently do both.

He is shit defensively, but his numbers were pretty good at C except when he played with Willy.

It was so clear that Robertson-Domi were performing well on that 3rd line and deserved a bigger role, while idiots like Keefe and Seigel said they had a Domi problem.

The injuries forced Domi into more opportunity and of course he was great.

Dom comments on Leafs Management (in The Athletic’s public poll ranking front offices)

>>A lot of the league’s top contenders are where they are thanks in large part to savvy management. They maximize and optimize their team’s chances, giving their club the best shot to win that they can.

At the start of the Shanaplan, it certainly felt like the Leafs were one of those teams. It’s getting harder and harder to feel like Toronto is on the cutting edge given the lackluster playoff results over the last decade and some of the decisions made to get there. A lot of what the Leafs do feels safe, boring and bland. It’s as if the decisions are made via a focus group to minimize risk — hit a few singles instead of swinging for the fences.

That’s felt true regardless of who has been beneath Brendan Shanahan as GM and it’s led to a lot of lost confidence across the fan base over the last two years.

To Brad Treliving’s credit, his work this summer felt like an improvement over last summer, but his overall tenure has still felt mixed at best. Winning a round or two would do a lot to raise confidence, but the Leafs have clearly worn out a lot of patience.

Dubas's first move after leaving the org was a swinging for the fence. So this is likely a shanny directive for the team.

Back