• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Cujo won 5 playoff rounds here and 6 over his tenure. They’ve won 2 since he left.
And yet they still won't bite the bullet and get a good goalie. It's amazed me for years and every summer right back to this point.

Now Stolarz has decent numbers but he's also a risk.

And yet they still won't bite the bullet and get a good goalie. It's amazed me for years and every summer right back to this point.

Now Stolarz has decent numbers but he's also a risk.
Goaltending was never their biggest issue

Core 4 not good enough when it matters

There is no core 4 and hasn't been for 3-4 years now.

John Tavares doesn't belong in the conversation with the other 3 in any way aside from paycheque.

From Fred up to the present day, I’ve been pretty close to the #1 hater of our goaltending in the playoffs.

But even I wouldn’t point to any one of our series losses in the Matthews era and claim that our goaltending was THE reason we lost that series.

The issue’s never been catastrophically bad goaltending that single-handed lost us series we were otherwise dominating. It’s been that we’ve consistently had the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) best goalie in any given series. And some of those goalies have been particularly adept at letting muffins past them at back-breaking times.

Combine that with god fucking awful coaching, not enough offense from our depth forwards & defense, too many shitty plugs, Tavares being incapable of carrying a line, a consistently woeful powerplay, Mitch always pulling a disappearing act by the half point of every series and Matthews never managing to put the team on his back and put up video game scoring numbers like other stars in the playoffs…and you have the toxic brew that’s led to this team being the worst playoff underachievers in modern NHL history.

Name me one series loss where your totally blaming the goalie for the series defeat
I don't deal in absolutes where you constantly move the goal posts. Their goalies have let in muffins at the absolute worst times in series that do not show up on the scoresheet. Maybe you should actually watch the playoffs.

You're wrong, their goaltending is more at fault than anything else and this "totally" bullshit is a red herring. Fish elsewhere Bubba.

FYI everyone...I am currently in Valencia Spain on part of my Costa Brava and Costa Blanca tour. 3 days in Barca 3 in Valencia, 4 days in my teen years stomping grounds of Alicante with family and then 3 days in Madrid with the fam.

I've had to leave the herb for delicious Tinto de verano and agua de Valencia which is delicious and deadly. Valencia Orange juice, Cava, vodka and gin. Delicious and gives you a right good kick to the head 😜

Just came from the beach and a paella

From Fred up to the present day, I’ve been pretty close to the #1 hater of our goaltending in the playoffs.

But even I wouldn’t point to any one of our series losses in the Matthews era and claim that our goaltending was THE reason we lost that series.

The issue’s never been catastrophically bad goaltending that single-handed lost us series we were otherwise dominating. It’s been that we’ve consistently had the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) best goalie in any given series. And some of those goalies have been particularly adept at letting muffins past them at back-breaking times.

Combine that with god fucking awful coaching, not enough offense from our depth forwards & defense, too many shitty plugs, Tavares being incapable of carrying a line, a consistently woeful powerplay, Mitch always pulling a disappearing act by the half point of every series and Matthews never managing to put the team on his back and put up video game scoring numbers like other stars in the playoffs…and you have the toxic brew that’s led to this team being the worst playoff underachievers in modern NHL history.
Exactly , team failure

Back