• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I mean obviously the first step would be them being interested in moving Pettersson in the first place, which is why it's interesting looking at his poor playoffs performance and all the criticism he's getting.

and of course any trade for Marner would have to include an extension for him.

Canucks feel more likely to do this than the leafs. Leafs may not be horny about the current salary structure of 4 forwards (soon to be 3) making all sorts of money. But that would be dumb. If you trade Tavares, swap Marner for Pet and use the cap space to add a D and C then maybe something like this could work.

The same reason why the Leafs apparently want to move on from marner.
So why change 4 quarters for a buck then? Why, if the Canucks want to get rid of Pettersson, would they trade him for a player who's just as much of an underachiever in the playoffs and has all that other baggage that Pettersson doesn't have?

Oh right, I forgot. Because it's the easiest and most convenient way for the Leafs to solve their problems. That's nice, but it's not solving any of the Canucks' problems. In fact, it is only adding to their problems.

You think the Canucks front office doesn't know about Marner's dad or that private security firm? Fact is, the Leafs may wind up resigning him not because they want to keep him but because the aura of bullshittery with which he surrounds himself makes it impossible for them to get a fair return for him. No team wants a player who's resting facial expression is of a person who just had a hot turd put under their nose. Petulance may be brushed off in the other sports but hockey culture does not tolerate prima donna's or guys who give off those vibes.

Last edited:
Back