• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Day b4 Gdt | but I guess this cld turn into a Gdt so lets run wit it Ima be in the corp zone tmr & if u squint and pull out a telescope ull see my coc

Honestly I think the biggest issue right now is the coach. The Sammy decision was baffling. He hasn’t been awful but he isn’t good and every shot is a scramble for him. You can’t have that in the playoffs.

the b’s have done a good job of choking off thenleafs attack by pressuring the puck and exposing the lack of talent on the leafs blue line. Nobody has any space, they dont play fast enough off the puck to play dump and chase and they only have one pressure valve to kick the puck back to.

I think they’ve also exploited the fact that the leafs don’t get offense by trying ti play around the net. Which is how you score in thebljayoffs but for whatever reason queef doesn’t get it.

like, back to Tavares. How many plays ended with him on the wall? I think the b’s are actively forcing the puck there, both on his rushes and when the winters pull up and hand the puck to him. They just throw two guys into him and he loses the battle every fucking time.

Coach has got to find a way to fix that. But it’s been six fucking years of it.

Also Brodie was a disaster.

That goal at the end of the secon was a Carbon copy of game 1 vs Fla last year.

McCabe jumps Brodie tentatively challenges the puck on a 2 on 1 and gets burned.

If you put majority of your cap on the shoulders of four players, those four better show up regardless of the coaching, GMing, and goaltending.

This core does not deserve that type of accolade or cap allocation. It has already been insanity x 2 for bringing them back as is. Bringing them back once again would be mental.

Off season starts by firing the president as he is too attached to these players. Then the GM and the coach as the new president would want his guys in.

After that Marner....gone. Nylander...maybe gone.... Tavares...well he cannot be moved....Matthews, as much as I believe be is a star instead of a super star (yes 69 goals on a non division winning squad without showing up in the playoffs is not enough to lift him to top tier) , stays for now.

You cannot bring them back as is. Just can't.

like, back to Tavares. How many plays ended with him on the wall? I think the b’s are actively forcing the puck there, both on his rushes and when the winters pull up and hand the puck to him. They just throw two guys into him and he loses the battle every fucking time.

Coach has got to find a way to fix that. But it’s been six fucking years of it.
The coach can't help a player win puck battles along the wall. The player has to want to win them. Leafs players don't. As Bissonette showed tonight on the TNT feed, Marner does nothing but fly by's. He waves at pucks but he doesn't do the grunt work trying to win them. He's half assing it like he always does in the playoffs.

Back