• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

Per TSN690 Tony Marinaro’s podcast, who had Danault’s agent (Stephane Fiset) on:

- Habs only provided one offer: 5 x $25M (not 6-years)

- No response from Habs to Danault’s counteroffer at any point last season

- Kings were only team to submit an offer, 4-other teams made inquiries but no offer as they had other things cooking

Looks a lot like take it or leave it offer to Markov/Radulov ...

Id be comfortable giving Perry a 2x2. We have money to spend and he’s a good mentor for the younger guys. I’m guessing he wants to go ring chasing?

the head scratcher for me was why the Habs weren’t in on Nate Schmidt. We could have absorbed his contract and he only cost a 3rd rounder. Would have been a good fit.

Was also thinking the Habs should add Joe Thornton for a minimum contract. I know he’s cooked, but in limited stretches, he can play. Would be nice to have some experience at centre and gave him play once in a while

Per TSN690 Tony Marinaro’s podcast, who had Danault’s agent (Stephane Fiset) on:

- Habs only provided one offer: 5 x $25M (not 6-years)

- No response from Habs to Danault’s counteroffer at any point last season

- Kings were only team to submit an offer, 4-other teams made inquiries but no offer as they had other things cooking

Looks a lot like take it or leave it offer to Markov/Radulov ...
Yup, lost him for nothing.

However circumstances were different with the cup run.

Id be comfortable giving Perry a 2x2. We have money to spend and he’s a good mentor for the younger guys. I’m guessing he wants to go ring chasing?

the head scratcher for me was why the Habs weren’t in on Nate Schmidt. We could have absorbed his contract and he only cost a 3rd rounder. Would have been a good fit.

Was also thinking the Habs should add Joe Thornton for a minimum contract. I know he’s cooked, but in limited stretches, he can play. Would be nice to have some experience at centre and gave him play once in a while
I wondered the same regarding Schmidt

No to Thornton

2 x 2 is too much for perry. If a second year is involved he'll take $1-$1.5.

S
I wondered the same regarding Schmidt

No to Thornton

2 x 2 is too much for perry. If a second year is involved he'll take $1-$1.5.
we have the money to spend if it comes down to $$, and if it’s a lost season, he’d still be easily movable at the deadline.

I don’t think it’s about term or money, or he’d likely already be signed back. Seems like he wants to go ring chasing. Wonder if he ends up on the Leafs?

I sure hope not. I used to despise him until I saw how much fun he is to watch being The Worm.

Back