• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2021

I really like Landeskog, he plays with jam. Not at that price though. $6.5 seems his max in this economy.

congrats to Danault if he can nab 5.5M....his defensive game on the big stage was perfectly timed.

he will probably never enjoy this type of success (hard for any defensive centre to replicate his run) because it's rare to have a goaltender go on a .940 run over the 13 games when the Leafs/Jets/Knights forwards couldn't buy a goal

congrats to Danault if he can nab 5.5M....his defensive game on the big stage was perfectly timed.

he will probably never enjoy this type of success (hard for any defensive centre to replicate his run) because it's rare to have a goaltender go on a .940 run over the 13 games when the Leafs/Jets/Knights forwards couldn't buy a goal

Absolutely , its his last home run deal

For the Habs its too rich a contract for our outlook

Hope its a team that slots him well and the right top 6 for him to compliment

I really like Danault, seems like a good chap , but I think he’s grossly miscalculating the present market, and be setting himself up for a Hoffman type training camp offer

Habs run to the cup have raised all boats for the Habs UFA.

Alex Wennenberg becomes an option but he will want term...

Or do we drop KK to that spot and get a top six center who can provide more offense? I am not sure KK is ready for it.

Absolutely , its his last home run deal

For the Habs its too rich a contract for our outlook

Hope its a team that slots him well and the right top 6 for him to compliment
Danault screwed himself when he turned down that deal at the beginning of last season. Under normal circumstances and with his performance during the playoffs, he might have been able to parlay that into something even bigger this off season but these are not normal circumstances. The cap isn't going up and nobody is paying those kinds of prices for a guy who can't score.

Alex Wennenberg becomes an option but he will want term...

Or do we drop KK to that spot and get a top six center who can provide more offense? I am not sure KK is ready for it.

KK will be fine , he is just turning 21

Realistically , this should of been his rookie year

Need to stop yo-yoing him in the lineup , give him the 2C spot

Rumors of similar in Florida that Hoffman was always miserable. Maybe he needs a divorce?

yep. His wife caused a lot of problems with the Sens. Kiss that tight locker room goodbye

Contributed to Erik Karlsson’s departure, allegedly (he would have left anyway.)

I’ve also heard it said there were prior issues. Spotty track record in the Q, despite being from Southern Ontario. Fishy...

Last edited:
Back