• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #1: 2023/10/11 - Same Glasses, New Era

And the fact that we won, and came back late to win, after a bunch of first game of the season type gaffes, is the story.

Not that we “almost lost to the Habs”.

What's with Liljegren whiffing on passes? He did it at least twice last night, and once cost us a goal?

Unfortunately the Knies-Minten combo was no bueno. Gonna have to be better than that our else it's gonna be a Gregor-Kampf-Jarmkrok 3rd line soon.
Yeah I was pretty disappointed by Knies yesterday. But its only one game.

Domi was crap last night.

Minty and Knies showed good hustle but I’m sure will be better than that.

Klingberg can pass and hold the line but he doesn’t know what he’s doing defensively.

McCabe might be complete trash from the looks of things.

Brodie and Gio have started to look old.

Bertuzzi had a few nice plays, but I’m expecting much more out of him.

Sammy was good when he needed to be. Tough to fault him on a few of those goals, but he’ll be better.

So, lots of reasons why we almost lost.

And the reasons why we won of course, the big boys played big. Marner didn’t have a particularly good game at all, by his standards though.

Gregor looks like a good add. I noticed Knies got stronger as the game went on. Minty was looking a bit overmatched, but first game ever so no judgment.

But we’re definitely going to need another really good dman. And McCabe can go as part of that, or stay and basically be a third pair guy. Dubie fucked up on that one.
I agree with you on McCabe

but man does it suck to have to play these shitty habs game 1 every year.

no reason to be happy when they win, and would have been a disaster if they lost.

it's basically like we just have to wait for the real opening day on saturday.

What's with Liljegren whiffing on passes? He did it at least twice last night, and once cost us a goal?

Apparently the ice was shit last night, Mitch said something about it in his postgame interview. Would explain Brodie's summersault as well.

Gonna need some time to really understand if he was being dragged down by Klingberg but my eye test made me feel that both were equally bad defensively and only one of them was a difference maker offensively.
This opinion is independent of last night. McCabe doesn’t have the puck skills to be more than a #4 at best IMO.

This opinion is independent of last night. McCabe doesn’t have the puck skills to be more than a #4 at best IMO.
Fair. I'm on the fence but he could be a 4 that you can't really trust in the toughs but does well in secondary matchups. But very possible he's worse than that, yeah. Nerdies suggest he's good tho.

Considering the lengths your team had to go in order to eke out a win against a bottom feeder, one has to wonder how they expect to beat good teams in the post-season.

PS your team is ponderously slow. All last night did was confirm your team's continuing "fraud" status. They have as much of a chance to win the Cup as the Cowboys do to win the Superbowl: slim and none (and slim just got on the bus)

Yeah...... Slim Chance and The Can't Hardly Playboys. :rolleyes:

Back