• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #1: 2023/10/11 - Same Glasses, New Era

Willy was the best player on the ice. Show him the money.

Also Klingberg sucks defensively, but he is elite at moving the puck. Our d needed a guy like that. Not only did he set up the two goals, but he also made a great play to hold the line before the 5th one. He can’t play with McCabe though. That’s an even worse pair than McCabe-Jones defensively.

Well, at least we're fucking up Montreal's future by letting them win.
wrong-not.gif

Willy was the best player on the ice. Show him the money.

Also Klingberg sucks defensively, but he is elite at moving the puck. Our d needed a guy like that. Not only did he set up the two goals, but he also made a great play to hold the line before the 5th one. He can’t play with McCabe though. That’s an even worse pair than McCabe-Jones defensively.
I suspect they’ll soon realize they need to swap Timmy and Klingberg

Unfortunately the Knies-Minten combo was no bueno. Gonna have to be better than that our else it's gonna be a Gregor-Kampf-Jarmkrok 3rd line soon.
More likely that the Nylander experiment continues I think. Minten was the only reason that halted.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Knies-Tavares-Robertson
Domi-Nylander-Yarncock

Domi was crap last night.

Minty and Knies showed good hustle but I’m sure will be better than that.

Klingberg can pass and hold the line but he doesn’t know what he’s doing defensively.

McCabe might be complete trash from the looks of things.

Brodie and Gio have started to look old.

Bertuzzi had a few nice plays, but I’m expecting much more out of him.

Sammy was good when he needed to be. Tough to fault him on a few of those goals, but he’ll be better.

So, lots of reasons why we almost lost.

And the reasons why we won of course, the big boys played big. Marner didn’t have a particularly good game at all, by his standards though.

Gregor looks like a good add. I noticed Knies got stronger as the game went on. Minty was looking a bit overmatched, but first game ever so no judgment.

But we’re definitely going to need another really good dman. And McCabe can go as part of that, or stay and basically be a third pair guy. Dubie fucked up on that one.

Back