• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - Tues. Apr. 30 7PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - So You're Saying There's a Chance Team Zen Edition

Team doctors don't pull you from a game because they're afraid that you're shitting a bit too much. They pull you for shit like abnormal heart/blood pressure measurements, dangerous levels of dehydration, etc.
I think that's mostly a ruse. He may have a tummy ache and a case of the squirts but the way his last shift went down it looked like he wasn't sick, but injured, specifically his knee or ankle.

oxEmCA9.jpeg
Je me souviens.

And by the way, it didn't help. The Flyers still beat them.

WeHave is the worst but high ankle sprain is my #2 sneaky suspicion for Matthews beyond the sickness. The McAvoy takedown noncall looked possibly pretty bad on his ankle or knee. Either way it's dumb to question is willpower/desire because this guy has played through all sorts of injuries in the past. And he's the one guy who has nut up in this playoff and doesn't play like a little bitch.

WeHave is the worst but high ankle sprain is my #2 sneaky suspicion for Matthews beyond the sickness. The McAvoy takedown noncall looked possibly pretty bad on his ankle. Either way it's dumb to question is willpower/desire because this guy has played through all sorts of injuries in the past. And he's the one guy who has nut up in this playoff and doesn't play like a little bitch.
At first when I saw him skating awkwardly I thought that perhaps he had just shit himself and was trying to get to the room before the deluge ended up all over the ice. But I'm leaning toward high ankle sprain also.

But that's what the needle is for. Matthews needs to go old school tonight. Shoot him up and then tape him up. The pain will remind him that he is alive and in the moment.

In any case even if he plays you're getting less than 50% of him. I think they're as good as Boston with Matthews and could possibly win 3 straight if Woll goes on a heater. But without him, nah don't think so.

WeHave is the worst but high ankle sprain is my #2 sneaky suspicion for Matthews beyond the sickness. The McAvoy takedown noncall looked possibly pretty bad on his ankle or knee. Either way it's dumb to question is willpower/desire because this guy has played through all sorts of injuries in the past. And he's the one guy who has nut up in this playoff and doesn't play like a little bitch.

Dude had something like 8 hits in game 2 if memory serves. Thats not someone afraid of the playoffs

In any case even if he plays you're getting less than 50% of him. I think they're as good as Boston with Matthews and could possibly win 3 straight if Woll goes on a heater. But without him, nah don't think so.
If you dress him and he's toast by the first intermission you now have to give more minutes to people like Reaves, which is suicide. Because you know Keefe is going to lean on his "play not to lose" players more than his "take risks to win" players.

Keefe the stooge always makes the smart move once it's too fucking late.

Samsonov was way worse in game 3 than in game 4 and yet he pulls him then to bring in Woll cold and puts the season on Woll's shoulders yet again.

This guy is so stupid, so absolutely useless, so embarrassingly bad. It's incomprehensible.

There was no reason to not go straight tandem this series (as the Bruins, with two vastly superior goalies to ours did). Definitely no reason to game back to Sammy for game 2 after he got pumped in the opener. No reason to go back to him in game 4 after he repeatedly tried to hand the game over to Boston, etc.

So yeah, let the guy torpedo us in the series and decide to make a change only after it's very likely too late. Fuck you and your goalie, both of you can fuck off. Enjoy Pittsburgh cunt.

Guy was gonna go full animal this playoff. Was on his best form of his career coming off his best playoff game ever. This is so fucking Leafy.
Its truly bizarre that two top players (Nylander played all 82 games in the reg season) mysteriously fall apart at the start of the playoffs?

I don't know. I'd sooner have someone (anyone) at 100% than a 50% Matthews. He's more of a lead anchor at that point and if he has to leave in the 1st then theres an empty spot.

Back