• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - Tues. Apr. 30 7PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - So You're Saying There's a Chance Team Zen Edition

it is weird that people think a 110pt 5th place team, like the leafs have been the last 2yrs, is some unstoppable juggernaut.
Or do they just think they’ll be an unstoppable juggernaut against the team with, up until tonight, shitty ass goaltending, shitty ass coaching, and shitty ass special teams. I’m going with that one.

so we're really just laugh emojiing any objection to the claim that florida would dummy either of these teams.

ok.

so we're really just laugh emojiing any objection to the claim that florida would dummy either of these teams.

ok.
Try this next time: no I don't think that Florida would dummy either of those teams. While Florida is an excellent team, I think that the Leafs are very good and I've definitely never said negative about them ever. I think it would be a close series between two very good teams.

You asked what people like about them. What people like about them is the same things you talk about all year long and the fact they already beat these two teams last year. This isn’t really that complicated.

I think we’re all feeling a bit better suddenly, especially those of us who love Tavares and Knies - the second time they combined on a huge OT winner in the past two playoffs.

Has anyone called them an unstoppable juggernaut? They're a really good team. Second best in the east. And people are pessimistic about the Leafs and don't think the Bruins are all that so they believe Florida will beat them. No one said they're gonna sweep Carolina and Edmonton and win the cup.

They're going to sweep Carolina and Edmonton, and win the cup.

Lock of the week

Try this next time: no I don't think that Florida would dummy either of those teams. While Florida is an excellent team, I think that the Leafs are very good and I've definitely never said negative about them ever. I think it would be a close series between two very good teams.

go read back a few pages to the post you and others agreed with, which i replied to.

of course 1 game is enough to completely change zeke's mind and get him back in the drivers seat of the bandwagon

he's zeke.

wouldn't have it any other way

this game has nothing to do with what florida would do against either of these teams next round.

You asked what people like about them. What people like about them is the same things you talk about all year long and the fact they already beat these two teams last year. This isn’t really that complicated.

yes i was wondering why people were all saying florida would dummy either of these teams.

the answer seems to be "they were the 5th best team this year!", which is a weird argument.

The answer is actually:
Or do they just think they’ll be an unstoppable juggernaut against the team with, up until tonight, shitty ass goaltending, shitty ass coaching, and shitty ass special teams. I’m going with that one.

And it was a Jonas post that got zero likes, as is tradition

Back