• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Canucks 10/24 10:30

So back to the call, if they’re waving off the goal, it has to be a penalty for interference. But they ruled incidental contact. If the contact was incidental that didn’t rise to a penalty, the goal has to count.

I don’t like that rule. But it was silly to challenge. You’ve got momentum not worth the risk.

Hey.. I'm still bitter about that GI against Boston.. Not a hand pass cause the goalie possessed it but the goalie didn't posses it so not covered..

The thing that is really bothersome about saying that’s no goal is you will watch two more this week in the league worst than that and they will say no goalie interference and call it ok. The inconsistency is constant and most players and coaches will tell you no one really knows from one game to the next what’s a good goal.

The thing that is really bothersome about saying that’s no goal is you will watch two more this week in the league worst than that and they will say no goalie interference and call it ok. The inconsistency is constant and most players and coaches will tell you no one really knows from one game to the next what’s a good goal.
Which is why it’s not a good challenge. It’s a total gamble. They’re not going to overrule themselves unless they think they were wrong or if they were obviously wrong.

Which is why it’s not a good challenge. It’s a total gamble. They’re not going to overrule themselves unless they think they were wrong or if they were obviously wrong.
There also not going to overrule themselves when they have no clue what goalie interference is from one game to the next.

It has to be blatantly wrong for them to overturn it and even then sometimes they don’t. And that was marginal. I think stastnys skat staying on the post also kept goalies skate from getting to the post.

why not just ride the momentum.

Back