• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Jackets 10/12 7:00

For those that went to the game tonight, Bally superimposes their own ads over the dashers. It's fine, whatever, but I see two big issues: 1) there's an ad that is mostly black and I can't wait for that ad to show up on the dashers when the Canes are wearing their black uniforms. Duuumb. 2) the Advance Auto Parts ad is basically just a web banner from 1998 and nothing more. I can't wait to yell at the person responsible for that cock up.

For those that went to the game tonight, Bally superimposes their own ads over the dashers. It's fine, whatever, but I see two big issues: 1) there's an ad that is mostly black and I can't wait for that ad to show up on the dashers when the Canes are wearing their black uniforms. Duuumb. 2) the Advance Auto Parts ad is basically just a web banner from 1998 and nothing more. I can't wait to yell at the person responsible for that cock up.
And the transitions are about as smooth as a porcupine

Ten games into the season you won’t notice the ads on the boards anymore. If you’re used to watching soccer, you—like me—stopped noticing them by the second period.

Nice effort tonight by the boys…a little rusty in the first period and then they took the game to the Jackets.

Took awhile to get going tonight but that third period was more of what I expected for 60! Expectations are high after all! Johnny Hockey at $9 million per might be tough sledding in Columbus, I don’t see a lot of help alongside him.

Ten games into the season you won’t notice the ads on the boards anymore. If you’re used to watching soccer, you—like me—stopped noticing them by the second period.

Nice effort tonight by the boys…a little rusty in the first period and then they took the game to the Jackets.
Yea. By the 2nd I didn’t notice. Well, except for the Advanced Auto (I think?) ad which is all white with one tiny little logo. Looked like an empty board 🤣

It was a good start. There wasn’t a lot of drama. Just hard work. Quiet good if I had to label it. It was good to see the youngsters score the goals but the veterans played well. Any game that ends with a surge is a game worth watching.

Back