• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT | Game 1 | vs Toronto | Wednesday, October 9th | 7:00PM EST

He just wants token playoff appearances that he can get excited about watching. He doesn't care if we are annihilated in 4 straight so long as we're about "playoff team". He's already resigned himself to the never seeing another Cup so he's happy with being a bubble team that wins a few more games in a season than it does now.

The rest of us want an actual contender. A contender for a Cup, not just for 8th place and a 4 game playoff run.
heaven forbid I enjoy being in the post season.

Hughes did not sign on to be in a perpetual rebuild. You and others seem to think, if we rebuild long enough, we will make the playoffs and not lose. That isn't how it works. You finally get in and still lose, see your new favourite team and they misses the playoffs, what 10 yrs. Are you willing to wait to make the post season until you are on OAP, CPP and guaranteed income supplwement because ten years will put you at 66?

Best hockey time of my life was my son and I putting on the jerseys to watch the Finals in 2021.

Hughes did not sign on to be in a perpetual rebuild. You and others seem to think, if we rebuild long enough, we will make the playoffs and not lose. That isn't how it works. You finally get in and still lose, see your new favourite team and they misses the playoffs, what 10 yrs. Are you willing to wait to make the post season until you are on OAP, CPP and guaranteed income supplwement because ten years will put you at 66?

Best hockey time of my life was my son and I putting on the jerseys to watch the Finals in 2021.
Hugo needs to build a playoff team , not a decade long patch BS like Nero

And you know the only reason the 2021 playoffs ever came through , this would be a decade of missed playoffs

I don't enjoy post-seasons where my team gets annihilated in the first round because the GM decided to pass on future success in order to blow his brains out on useless band-aids just to make 8th place this season If we have no realistic shot at winning a Cup I'm not interested. Keep on tanking.

The best time of my life (in 2021) was watching Leafs fans get crushed in Game 7. It was better than anything that came after. Other than that, the best times of my life were the times when I watched the Habs win the Cup. Seasons that ended without Cups are essentially all the same to me. Regrettable and forgettable. If they aren't going to win the Cup I'd prefer they miss the playoffs altogether so my time isn't wasted and I can get into summer mode.

Honestly I feel you, the last 3 years I pretty much stopped watching hockey in December, which sucks I used to love watching the Habs. Then I binged watch the playoffs because I missed hockey. Rebuilding sucks, but there isn't a lot of shortcuts available when you're down that road.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel you, the last 3 years I pretty fun stopped watching hockey in December, which sucks I used to love watching the Habs. Then I binged watch the playoffs because I missed hockey. Rebuilding sucks, but there isn't a lot of shortcuts available when you're down that road.

There are no short cuts , not the NFL where the draft , free agency , cap manipulation , and massive revenues allow you to reboot overnight

The best time of my life (in 2021) was watching Leafs fans get crushed in Game 7. It was better than anything that came after. Other than that, the best times of my life were the times when I watched the Habs win the Cup. Seasons that ended without Cups are essentially all the same to me. Regrettable and forgettable. If they aren't going to win the Cup I'd prefer they miss the playoffs altogether so my time isn't wasted and I can get into summer mode.
remember you wanted us to miss as we were going to be "annihilated" by them

Which is too bad really. I agree with Count that rebuilds shouldn’t be this long in a better world. It’s not good for the fans and the sport.

Which is too bad really. I agree with Count that rebuilds shouldn’t be this long in a better world. It’s not good for the fans and the sport.
Habs fans will put up with whatever they are told to put up with. They're not going anywhere else. They are willing slaves.

Agreed but the NHL is so fucken hard unless you luck into generational stars and you need a good 20 man roster and a ton of luck

Hard cap with limited flexibility makes it even worse

Hugo had shit to work with , 5 years was required minimum if done right with no bandaids

Also, NFL draft picks aren't 18 yrs old, they're 21 or usually older, so they are not only easier to project, they can play right away.

NHL rebuilding blows.

Habs fans will put up with whatever they are told to put up with. They're not going anywhere else. They are willing slaves.
Other teams are not as lucky. Why do you think there was no fans in Arizona, they pretty much never had a good team. Unless you’re in a traditional market, fans will only watch winning teams or else gradually lose interest. I even stop watching so I can only imagine for the casual fan.

Also, NFL draft picks aren't 18 yrs old, they're 21 or usually older, so they are not only easier to project, they can play right away.

NHL rebuilding blows.
Yup, plus with a few key strokes you can create tens of millions in cap space

Other teams are not as lucky. Why do you think there was no fans in Arizona, they pretty much never had a good team. Unless you’re in a traditional market, fans will only watch winning teams or else gradually lose interest. I even stop watching so I can only imagine for the casual fan.
I don't care about those teams. The Habs are in a traditional market and can afford to do a proper tear-down and rebuild because the fans aren't going anywhere.

I wanted us to miss because we had no chance to win the Cup and our record indicated that we didn't deserve to be in the post-season. It was a BS berth.
but we showed we did have a chance, we got to the Final,,,

just admit it, your biggest fear is losing to the Leafs, you let fear overrun you to the point you wanted us to miss so that you wouldn't lose, had we listened to you and faced the future, burdened by the past, our middle class team would not have had the joy of seeing Marner crying in the box in game 6.

As a middle class fan, you must face the future, unburdened by the past.

yeah I remember telling my son last year, why am I even watching this shit, we aren't even trying to win, if I say that, imagine what the paying fans are thinking

Back