• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT JAN 20th TOR @ PHX 8PM EST

Not sure about the criticisms about the Leafs playing "too defensive". They're playing a great road game thus far.

Bernie would need to have a Hasek-like season and then he'd barely get consideration.
Blue & White Bias <<<.

Good to see our defence scoring anyway...
It's true, Leaf goalies will probably never get respect when it comes to Olympic consideration.

Nahh. Cujo and Belfour both got picked for Team Canada. If Bernier plays .920ish hockey annually and has some playoff success between now and the next Olympics, he'll be there next time too.

Its not even about bernie..... More about how bad a choice smith is.

Dude has had one good year ever.

Yeah, and that's one more game than Cujo should have got on a team with Ed Belfour and Martin Brodeur.
And I remember the media reports on how it poisoned the water between him and Quinn, and was a driving force in Cujo leaving Toronto for Detroit.

In fairness to team Canada, it's tough to take a guy like Bernier based on so few games.....he keeps this up, he'll get a shot next time.

If he had Reimer's track record and was doing what he is this year, he'd have been a lock for that #2 or 3 spot.

zeke's right tho.....Smith is a poor choice regardless, there's plenty of guy who should have been there over him.

Watching the Yotes broadcast.....they're absolutely fawning over our team. I think it's the most respect I've ever seen a broadcast crew give our team.

Like, ever.

Back