• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Dvorak for 2022 1st rounder (top-10 protected) + 2024 2nd rounder

I don't know why people are sweating the draft picks. The whole reason why we got here is because Timmins fucked up the pick and took KK instead of Tkachuk. Clearly and given our draft history over the last decade, it is clear that Timmins is incompetent when it comes to assessing talent. So keeping the picks from Carolina only ensures that Timmins will again piss them up the nearest wall. Dvorak is a known entity and can produce at least as much if not more than KK ever would for us so at worst we are no worse off.

Until we have a new front office and scouting staff I'm fine with them trading picks for established players with abandon. I have zero faith in Timmins' ability to draft competently.
Habs 1st round successes since Bob Gainey in 1973 has been: 1984, 1993, 2005, 2007, 2016

3-of the best-5 Habs 1st round successes in 48-years has been under Timmins. That’s nothing to write home about, but just a reflection of the putrid history for the Habs 1st round drafting.

Even Koivu selection in 1993 doesn’t happen until Serge Savard has to step in to keep JC Tremblay from throwing haymakers @ Carol Vadnais & Andre Boudrias

I dunno, we did make him the center of an all Finnish line here.

While I think Dvorak is an upgrade on KK, I don't think he's a #2 center, at least not on a good team anyway. Like KK, I think he is what he is in terms of offensive production.

(For what it's worth, KK had better offensive production 5 on 5 last year than Dvorak)

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone seem so indifferent when he scores goals. There's never any celebration, hardly ever any smiling, just, oh yeah this is my job.
I read an article that said if Dvorak is your #3 center then you're a cup contender. Let's go get another center.

Horse shit.

This team will surprise people I think. The winger depth is insane.

The D may get exposed in a full season but I know there's mobile D coming.

Once again were sitting here waiting on a center and a top pair LHD. Plus ca change...

Horse shit.

Once again were sitting here waiting on a center and a top pair LHD. Plus ca change...
Here's the progress. Suzuki is a legit first line center. He might even be elite. With cauliflower who knows.

Horse shit.

2/3 of our D are 5`s

Romi needs to grow by leaps and bounds and in a hurry

Your asking Petry who wears out by years end to be Jesus this year ......a daunting task

Guehle , Harris etc......are years away from helping out

Dvorak needs a Domi heroic year to make a difference

And 31 beat up and all needs to be healthy all season

Our F depth is good but unless CC and Nick turn into front liners , the rest are just secondary players

We need many IFFS and MAYBE to turn into GOLD

2/3 of our D are 5`s

Romi needs to grow by leaps and bounds and in a hurry

Your asking Petry who wears out by years end to be Jesus this year ......a daunting task

Guehle , Harris etc......are years away from helping out

Dvorak needs a Domi heroic year to make a difference

And 31 beat up and all needs to be healthy all season

Our F depth is good but unless CC and Nick turn into front liners , the rest are just secondary players

We need many IFFS and MAYBE to turn into GOLD
Rince repeat with your lists. Look, you seem like a nice guy, I just tune out the constant negativity with you.

Rince repeat with your lists. Look, you seem like a nice guy, I just tune out the constant negativity with you.

Its reality not negativity

If we had Markov , Pk and Petry in their prime why would I crap on our D ?

JE, Chariots of Fire , Savard , Kulak , Romi ( who knows ?) in your top 6

You crap on this roster as often as I do

I dunno, we did make him the center of an all Finnish line here.

While I think Dvorak is an upgrade on KK, I don't think he's a #2 center, at least not on a good team anyway. Like KK, I think he is what he is in terms of offensive production.

(For what it's worth, KK had better offensive production 5 on 5 last year than Dvorak)

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone seem so indifferent when he scores goals. There's never any celebration, hardly ever any smiling, just, oh yeah this is my job.
Just to add. What we are missing is not a number 2 centre. What we are missing is a number 1 centre.

Its reality not negativity

If we had Markov , Pk and Petry in their prime why would I crap on our D ?

JE, Chariots of Fire , Savard , Kulak , Romi ( who knows ?) in your top 6

You crap on this roster as often as I do
There's pointing out areas of deficiencies and dropping trou on the dinner table after an Indian curry feast.

LOOOLL!! He doesn't celebrate when he scores, what is next? .....Not everyone is P.K.. You don't like the guy, fine, but for god sake don't come up with BS like this.

Back