• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Sean Monahan

The opposite is actually the reality. Hip surgery is now one of the more likely procedures to fully recover from if you rehab. properly, which Monahan is likely to do. Whether he should be signed long-term is to TBD. But if he plays well, I'd have no issue giving him a long-terrm deal. He's not old.
Yeah that take is baffling to me. Hip replacement surgery is pretty common now and while the rehab is awful full recoveries are also common. I'd take that over ligaments any day.

27 is old now?

You're like one of those apps intended to keep people sharp because wow man, just wow.

28 when the season starts

29 when a new contract kicks

Major surgeries , 2 year extension or no thanks

Last thing team needs is Gally 2.0 .....how is 6.5 looking like right now in year 1

28 when the season starts

29 when a new contract kicks

Major surgeries , 2 year extension or no thanks

Last thing team needs is Gally 2.0 .....how is 6.5 looking like right now in year 1
Who gives a shit?

Who gives a shit?

Correct which is why he needs to prove himself

If he doesn't prove himself and pass physicals he won't be getting $6.5m

Why do you lack critical thinking? While what was is a good indicator of what may be, it's nowhere close to 100%.

Who gives a shit?

Who gives a shit?

Why do you lack critical thinking? While what was is a good indicator of what may be, it's nowhere close to 100%.
Critical thinking skills are largely not believed to be genetically passed, so he must have not developed them well as a kid when he was in school.
If Sean Monohan has a good bounce-back year, not wanting to sign him at a reasonable price and term makes little sense. He's not old and he's shown that when healthy, he's a very good player. Yes, it really is that simple. Don't overthink it, people (you know who you are).

Last edited:
Who gives a shit?

Who gives a shit?

I give a shit because its proven time and time again

These long term deals to players in their late 20`s rarely work unless your a stud HOF player

Hugo made this move for the first rounder and more asset accumulation , just like Dadonov will be flipped

I dont see this regime overpaying anyone like Nero the knob

I give a shit because its proven time and time again

These long term deals to players in their late 20`s rarely work unless your a stud HOF player

Hugo made this move for the first rounder and more asset accumulation , just like Dadonov will be flipped

I dont see this regime overpaying anyone like Nero the knob
Neither do we, which is why it goes without saying.

Hint hint

Who said anything about overpaying Monahan to stay? But if it proves to be a good fit next season, shutting the door on an extension based on the history of some other players is completely illogical, and very bad hockey management.

Last edited:
Who said anything overpaying Monahan to stay? But if it proves to be a good fit next season, shutting the door on an extension because of some other players' history is completely illogical.
Chris Chelios comes to mind. Others too.

Chris Chelios comes to mind. Others too.
Lesson for Geeman (and the other poster who appears to be unequivocally opposed to even the idea of re-signing Monohan): Chelios is Chelios, Gallagher is Gallagher, and Monohan is Monohan.

If he can put up 59 points this season like Gomez did in his first season with the Habs, I'll be very happy. That would probably warrant a 1st round pick at the deadline.

You don't want him doing too well though because then the Habs are a bubble team and HuGo might be tempted to resign him.

Back