• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Sean Monahan

The best scenario would be the Flames have the 2nd overall pick in 2025 and the Florida pick is not available anymore.

With now Drouin, Byron, Monahan, Dadonov & Allen coming off the books next year, that's $20M. And with Price on LTIR all year, we can absorb another contract from a team looking to make space.

And next year? We can acquire a bunch more assets, assuming the order isn't to spend it all on free agents.

With now Drouin, Byron, Monahan, Dadonov & Allen coming off the books next year, that's $20M. And with Price on LTIR all year, we can absorb another contract from a team looking to make space.

And next year? We can acquire a bunch more assets, assuming the order isn't to spend it all on free agents.
Hughes just said if Monahan performs as he did a few years ago, he wants to keep him in Mtl

Hopefully Drouin, Dadonov, Monahan, Allen, Hoffman, Armia have all good seasons (while the Habs are still tanking) and we trade them all for assets at the deadline.

Hughes just said if Monahan performs as he did a few years ago, he wants to keep him in Mtl
Oh absolutely. If Monahan comes back to form, which is something that I think is extremely unlikely at this point, you keep him. A centerline of Suzuki-Monahan-Dach? Assuming Monahan returns to form? That's a championship contender's centerline.

So we will have even more assets to move at the deadline and end up with like $1 BILLION in cap space in June 2023.

EXCELLENT.

Monahan being flipped for a 3rd is more likely than him coming back to form. He was never a good centre. If he rebounds it will be as a winger.

*By luck, because he wasn't the player he wanted. He was the prospect Las Vegas was offering.

By hook or by crook, he got 'im. Credit* to him.
Yep, I still maintain it wasn't a true trade for a centre, cause it wasn't certain at the time of the trade that Suzuki would develop into a centre or winger.

Yep, I still maintain it wasn't a true trade for a centre, cause it wasn't certain at the time of the trade that Suzuki would develop into a centre or winger.

If anything Monahan is also now a winger. He should be on Dach and Anderson's if healthy

So we will have even more assets to move at the deadline and end up with like $1 BILLION in cap space in June 2023.

EXCELLENT.

Monahan being flipped for a 3rd is more likely than him coming back to form. He was never a good centre. If he rebounds it will be as a winger.
????

He was arguably a first line center 3-4 years ago. Maybe not a franchise center, but a damn good one.

Back