• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

If what Kypreos says is factual, don’t budge from 3-asset offer (Danault + Caufield + Poehling/1st rounder) and let Torts blow a gasket to hopefully drive down price.

If other GMs know PLD wants MTL it’ll become a Trouba situation...hopefully for Habs & their fans

Need to unload a roster player worth $5m in cap space. There's no cap room to just give them youth.

Need to unload a roster player worth $5m in cap space. There's no cap room to just give them youth.
I know. PLD is not coming here . . . and that’s fine. It’s not like he’s James Harden and will put his team over the top. He’s a nice player.

Last edited:
I don't think so either. I do think MB will try though.

It could be done if they take one of Tatar, Drouin (doubt it), Edmundson, Chiarot, Danault or Byron with KK.

What?

I was talking only of cap space relief. One of those guys would have to go on whatever deal is made.

What?

I was talking only of cap space relief. One of those guys would have to go on whatever deal is made.
I know but GM Jarmo doesn’t care about our cap space issues if we’re not offering Suzuki . . . which I’m sure we’re not (MB is good at trades).

This is nuts. If they're really looking to move Barkov they'll get a lot. It's take Barkov over PLD any day of the week.

Back