• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Are you even following his progression? CC has been getting praise from all his coaches including the US National team for his improved play away from the puck. He's not a one trick pony. What he is however is small and thus he will always get extra criticism and be expected to do more.

CC is going to be a beast. I think his upside is higher than KK. We got lucky landing him for that very reason, size. But, he'll put up big points in the NHL, he's got the vision and scoring ability.

PLD isn't a floater like Drouin, so we will never fully regret a trade. He's already making 5m at 22. CC will be ELC for 3 years right? I don't go higher than KK, 1st + Danault. CC also might play half the season with us, and then we probably wouldn't even need PLD.

I understand. But I’d rather just keep KK and CC and forget about PLD.

95% chance PLD will be the best player among all 3. I'm not clamouring for the trade but I wouldn't be against it. It's easier to find Cammi 2.0 on the open market. Hell, even Gainey could do it.

95% chance PLD will be the best player among all 3. I'm not clamouring for the trade but I wouldn't be against it. It's easier to find Cammi 2.0 on the open market. Hell, even Gainey could do it.
That may be so but he's not a superstar by any measure and, while I haven't researched it, my gut tells me that teams that "overpay" to get the "best player in the trade" usually lose those trades.

That may be so but he's not a superstar by any measure and, while I haven't researched it, my gut tells me that teams that "overpay" to get the "best player in the trade" usually lose those trades.
Only example of this I could think of is Lindros, and even then it's mostly because Forsberg ended up being just as good (or very close).

Is there any other deal where the team getting the best player lost the trade?

Gotta find a way anyway to make it happen with Danault. Other than Cgy (Monahan swap) can’t think of another team that has an under 27 C proven 18+ TOI to offer up.

I just don’t see Jarmo taking a futures package for PLD, making the playoff push is too important for CBJs survival.

Patience will work in MB’s favor on this one IMO...

I am tempted because with PLD and NICK, you are set down the middle for this entire decade.

It makes JK more expendable. CC will be the guy you will regret trading. That being said, our prospect pool is pretty crapola now that Romanov is up. MB has to be very careful not to give up too much.

Gotta find a way anyway to make it happen with Danault. Other than Cgy (Monahan swap) can’t think of another team that has an under 27 C proven 18+ TOI to offer up.

I just don’t see Jarmo taking a futures package for PLD, making the playoff push is too important for CBJs survival.

Patience will work in MB’s favor on this one IMO...

Not sure Danault has enough offence in him....and he turns 28 next month.

Only example of this I could think of is Lindros, and even then it's mostly because Forsberg ended up being just as good (or very close).

Is there any other deal where the team getting the best player lost the trade?
When the LeClair, Desjardins and Dionne for Recchi trade was made, the widely held belief was that Mark Recchi was the best player dealt.

When the LeClair, Desjardins and Dionne for Recchi trade was made, the widely held belief was that Mark Recchi was the best player dealt.

That's a good example, however Leclair ended up outscoring Recchi every single season Recchi was with us. Of course Recchi reverted back to outscoring Leclair as soon as he left Montreal, maybe proving that he was indeed the better player all along, just on the wrong team.

Add in Desjardins that was a Norris candidate during his time in Philly and that was a slam dunk for Philly.

Good example.

Back