• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Yup. Seems like it, and a very expensive make weight for PLD.

Columbus doesn’t have a 2nd Rd pick, the Habs have 2.....

The 14 day quarantine is going to make a deal with Canada next to impossible for Columbus. I don't see it happening, you're basically handcuffing your team and players for a lot of games. Imagine trading KK and Byron or whomever to get Dubois then you don't have any of them for 2 weeks in a shortened season.

Dubois likely stays in the US because of this.

Or get a deal agreed to and pull the trigger on the bye week. I think they have a long stretch of days off at some point.

I would like to acquire him, KK is expendable in that deal, if it can be had.

Last edited:
Or get a deal agreed too and pull the trigger on the bye week. I think they have a long stretch of days off at some point.

I would like to acquire him, KK is expendable in that deal, if it can be had.
CBJ play 3-games during that week - between 13-20

I am tempted because with PLD and NICK, you are set down the middle for this entire decade.
True....PLD had more points in his rookie season than KK has in his career - perhaps in 2-years time KK will be what Dubois is today, or maybe there’s a significant growth curve this season.

Have to admit, what I don’t get in this whole PLD saga...if Torts is the root cause of the discontent why not just can him, he’s on the last year of his contract anyway. 🤔

As much as I'd like to have PLD, I think the package to get him might be more than we should pay.

It would cost us at least 2-3 high quality assets plus we would need to find a way to dump salary, which will cost us even more.

I like PLD but I'm not convinced he's worth all we would need to do to get him.

As much as Dubois clicks all the boxes of the Habs' needs, I'm concerned they would be giving too much in terms of quality (Suzuki) or quantity (KK++). I think this is one of the rare occasions in which I'd be relieved to have a rumoured star player go to another team.

But in all seriousness , I think as KK gets more confident , he will be fun to watch. He's not a cookie cutter hockey player.

Back