• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Losing to Toronto is as close as we get now to losing to the Nords. It’ll launch a thousand think pieces on the difference between a proper rebuild and a half assed reset. Hopefully some heads will roll.

Losing to Toronto is as close as we get now to losing to the Nords. It’ll launch a thousand think pieces on the difference between a proper rebuild and a half assed reset. Hopefully some heads will roll.
I’ve had a similar thought. The sting will be just a bit more because it’s Toronto and I hope that pushes the eject button. The issue is trust fund Geoff and his Buddy circle.

I’ve had a similar thought. The sing will be just a bit more because it’s Toronto and I hope that pushes the eject button. The issue is trust fund Geoff and his Buddy circle.
FWIW, MB sold his condo a couple of weeks ago. I think if he was definitely returning, his extension would have been announced before the playoffs started. Announcing an extension right after you get blown out by the Leafs in round 1 would be awkward and a tough sell. But . . . it it’s Geoff and he’s tone-deaf.

Last edited:
Yeah. I’m not looking for a new team. Will simply dial down the hockey portion of my media consumption diet.

FWIW, MB sold his condo a couple of weeks ago. I think if he was definitely returning, his extension would have been announced before the playoffs started. Announcing an extension right after you get blown out by the Leafs in round 1 would be awkward and a tough sell. But . . . it it’s Geoff and he’s tone-deaf.
FWIW, Dreger said the condo sale has no bearing on MB, he’s sure MB will be back next season.

But then again DD was sure JT would seriously consider Habs! Oooops....

Back