• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

So….we make the finals or lose to Vegas……either way, i think there’s one mov Bergy should make this offseason before it’s too late:

Trade Gally

Even if we win the Cup and he scores the winning goal….he’s not built for playoffs….don’t give me the “he’s injured’’ excuse: he’s always injured come playoff time !!!

Signing 11 to such a deal, like Price, and Anderson contract was huge mistake, if you want add character add guys like Perry who come cheap, and cut the excuses.

So….we make the finals or lose to Vegas……either way, i think there’s one mov Bergy should make this offseason before it’s too late:

Trade Gally

Even if we win the Cup and he scores the winning goal….he’s not built for playoffs….don’t give me the “he’s injured’’ excuse: he’s always injured come playoff time !!!

But but he works hard and stays in shape

Masai of the Raptors would of shipped him out of town 2 years ago , these guys aren’t smart enough

We will come to regret both the Anderson and Gallagher deals. They will be the new boat anchors to go along with the Price and Weber contracts.

That's why winning now is so important. A Cup is literally the only thing that will salvage Bergevin's chronic mismanagement. Because if they don't win this time around it's going to be a decade at least before anything happens. Price will never be as good again as he is right now. Weber will not improve. He's as useful now as he will ever be going forward. Gallagher already looks washed up and Anderson looks like he's going to be another Gallagher: brilliant in spots, but often injured.

So, according to Pierre LeBrun's new article on The Athletic this morning, there were 2-3 teams that were going to claim Corey Perry when we put him on waivers, but he didn't want to play anywhere else, so his agent told the teams not to claim him.

Our very own Jason Spezza.

So, according to Pierre LeBrun's new article on The Athletic this morning, there were 2-3 teams that were going to claim Corey Perry when we put him on waivers, but he didn't want to play anywhere else, so his agent told the teams not to claim him.

Our very own Jason Spezza.

We will come to regret both the Anderson and Gallagher deals. They will be the new boat anchors to go along with the Price and Weber contracts.

That's why winning now is so important. A Cup is literally the only thing that will salvage Bergevin's chronic mismanagement. Because if they don't win this time around it's going to be a decade at least before anything happens. Price will never be as good again as he is right now. Weber will not improve. He's as useful now as he will ever be going forward. Gallagher already looks washed up and Anderson looks like he's going to be another Gallagher: brilliant in spots, but often injured.
Given the parity in pro sports today this model is okay, albeit admittedly not optimal.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a dmen contain Anderson when he does his patented rushes up the wing....he gets a shot on net almost every single time.

When was the last time we had such a player ?

When Andy and KK crash the net, they crash the net....this is not Gallagher or Max Pac crashing the net

I have yet to see a dmen contain Anderson when he does his patented rushes up the wing....he gets a shot on net almost every single time.

When was the last time we had such a player ?

When Andy and KK crash the net, they crash the net....this is not Gallagher or Max Pac crashing the net
Yes they have the net crashing part down. Now all they have to do is remember to bring the puck with them next time. Less crashy, more scorey

Back