• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

The Gallagher goal in game 7 was inexcusable. The KK goal in game 6 was highly stoppable . . . by a better goalie. Campbell is a 29 year old journeyman with one good season until proven otherwise.

Sure he has a small body of work but Leafs got a solid playoff out of him

Those 2 choking dogs killed them

It was a total team effort.

The stars were shit. Even Nylander the Hab killer was shying away from contact.

Support team was inconsistent and, at times, catastrophic (e.g. Galchenyuk.)

The goalie cracked.

Their best player was Spezza.

It was a total team effort.

The stars were shit. Even Nylander the Hab killer was shying away from contact.

Support team was inconsistent and, at times, catastrophic (e.g. Galchenyuk.)

The goalie cracked.

Their best player was Spezza.

Nylander scored 5 goals in 7 games thats gold production

Secondary support scored 11 goals ....... what more do yo want

Campbell had 1.81 GAA and .934

Everything that was considered a concern heading into the playoffs produced above expectations

If 16 and 34 total suckage , Marner was afraid of his own shadow

Point is Campbell played well enough for them to win but it’s always the same crap being said. 💩
Campbell is a mediocrity and that has nothing to do with how well or badly he played in that one series. I never said he was the reason why the Leafs lost that series (16 and 34 are about 90% of the reason why) but he's still a mediocre goalie.

Campbell is a mediocrity and that has nothing to do with how well or badly he played in that one series. I never said he was the reason why the Leafs lost that series (16 and 34 are about 90% of the reason why) but he's still a mediocre goalie.

Last year was his probation year and earned the starting job

an 82 game schedule will determine is the big test for both goalies

Sure he has a small body of work but Leafs got a solid playoff out of him

Those 2 choking dogs killed them
Why didn’t Point & Kucherov “chocking” in the finals kill TBay?

Habs 4th line dominated Leafs like they did Jets & VGK. Therein lies the real issue...lack of depth. I would say loss of JT but Leafs were up 3-1 despite the injury.

Habs 4th line dominated Leafs like they did Jets & VGK. Therein lies the real issue...lack of depth. I would say loss of JT but Leafs were up 3-1 despite the injury.

Who cares , their depth outscored our entire team

Those 2 produced 7 points in the finals , good enough when their bottom 6 smashed us

How many points did 1 goal Dano or 3 fingers Gallagher produce ?

Its a team effort and their core group is fuken elite ?

Point and Kucherov scored 55 points this playoff season

WTF did our big guns do ?

Precisely. It’s because the Leafs have almost half of their cap space allotted to 4 players. Not a good idea.

Last edited:
They did enough with other support

They won the cup by having all facets play to their ability

Elite core production , solid D , solid secondary offensive support
I know you like to live in your own reality but they did not beat us because of "elite core production." They got quasi-elite production from their bottom 6 forward group, their D was solid, and Vasi played much better than Price did overall.

I know you like to live in your own reality but they did not beat us because of "elite core production." They got quasi-elite production from their bottom 6 forward group, their D was solid, and Vasi played much better than Price did overall.

Talking about overall as a group

Without Point and Kuch in earlier rounds playing great , there is no finals .

Every facet of the team did their job

Makes no difference who comes through throughout a series as long as you go through

Back