• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Pierre Houde, during the same interview, listed all the 1st round picks since 2005 (Price).....with the exception of the last 3 years, none of them are still with us. Not the best way to be running/developing a team.

McDonaugh, Tinordi, Fisher, Sherbak, McCaron, Sergachev, Leblanc, Juulsen, Galchenyuk, Kristo, Beaulieu

Pretty sad....you gotta at least hit 1 home run from time to time (or keep them)

Pierre Houde, during the same interview, listed all the 1st round picks since 2005 (Price).....with the exception of the last 3 years, none of them are still with us. Not the best way to be running/developing a team.

McDonaugh, Tinordi, Fisher, Sherbak, McCaron, Sergachev, Leblanc, Juulsen, Galchenyuk, Kristo, Beaulieu

Pretty sad....you gotta at least hit 1 home run from time to time (or keep them)
You can keep going and it doesn't get much better.

Chipchura, Kostitysn, Higgins, Komisarek, Hainsey, Buturlin (2nd round), Chouinard, Ward, Higgins, Ryan, Brown, Koivu(!), Wilkie, Bilodeau, Stevenson, Vallis, Charron, Cassels, Pederson, Charbonneau, Svododa, Turcotte, Heroux, Hunter, Wickenheiser, Gingras, Geoffrion, Napier, Lee, Connor, Sadler.

All our first picks since 1974 have been wasted with the exception of Svododa, Koivu, Price, and hopefully Caufield.

They should just bite the bullet and get Eichel. #15 will be available to him now.
If there was a way without giving up Suzuki (especially) or Caufield, definitely give up anything else you have to. I'm just not sure it's possible without those guys. Plus it's a challenge to make the salaries work.

Yeah I'm saying if the price is 3 firsts and a couple of guys off the farm then do it.

And yet Trevor Timmins still has a job.

The problems with this franchise begin and end with a lack of accountability at the top. If those names listed above can't get a head scout fired I don't know what it will take.

Yeah I'm saying if the price is 3 firsts and a couple of guys off the farm then do it.
We have nothing on the farm that anyone else wants. Our best prospects are already on the big club: Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov. I don't see any scenario in which at least one of those names isn't part of the deal.

And too many other teams will be willing and able to offer more. The Habs never win these bidding wars. The Rangers want Eichel and the Rangers usually get what they want.

You can keep going and it doesn't get much better.

Chipchura, Kostitysn, Higgins, Komisarek, Hainsey, Buturlin (2nd round), Chouinard, Ward, Higgins, Ryan, Brown, Koivu(!), Wilkie, Bilodeau, Stevenson, Vallis, Charron, Cassels, Pederson, Charbonneau, Svododa, Turcotte, Heroux, Hunter, Wickenheiser, Gingras, Geoffrion, Napier, Lee, Connor, Sadler.

All our first picks since 1974 have been wasted with the exception of Svododa, Koivu, Price, and hopefully Caufield.
And even Svoboda never really panned out and was shipped out a few years after his draft.

Back