• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I don’t think most of us want to move the needle presently. We badly need a Timmins-proof draft slot, just in case he’s still around.

How about Habs development proof?

I'd also mention that we were drafting 3rd in a draft that included Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk and Hughes in the top 5 and we still screwed up.

How about Habs development proof?

I'd also mention that we were drafting 3rd in a draft that included Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk and Hughes in the top 5 and we still screwed up.
I wanted Hughes that draft, but he’s a complete tire fire in his zone & would’ve been eaten alive in Mtl.

Habs had no shot at Dahlin & Svechnikov as both were unanimously slotted as top-2, so it was Tkachuk (which iirc besides a couple of posters no one wanted) or Zadina who doesn’t look like he’ll be anything special either

I wanted Hughes that draft, but he’s a complete tire fire in his zone & would’ve been eaten alive in Mtl.

Habs had no shot at Dahlin & Svechnikov as both were unanimously slotted as top-2, so it was Tkachuk (which iirc besides a couple of posters no one wanted) or Zadina who doesn’t look like he’ll be anything special either

Hughes and Tkachuk were two sure things. KK was a gamble but I still blame Habs development more than anything else. KK came into camp and blew everyone away and was great for the first half season, and then regressed and never got back on track.

Tkatchuk is the type of player our GM/coaches love: ka-rac-tar

and we still passed on him…puzzling

Gallagher injured, Perreault injured, Edmundson has a setback, Price still away, Weber never coming back, Paquette plays dirty to get suspended. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, everybody wants to get away from the stench of the team.

Gallagher injured, Perreault injured, Edmundson has a setback, Price still away, Weber never coming back, Paquette plays dirty to get suspended. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me, everybody wants to get away from the stench of the team.

That stench of that Gally contract already started , but he works hard and goes to the gym

People with a functioning brain stem always knew it was drugs but the pompom wavers cling to their delusions for as long as possible. I took nothing but abuse from people on social media when I stated my belief that it was drugs. Now I'm giving them all a heaping helping of "eat shit and listen to what I tell you next time".

Feels good.

I wonder if Price’s poor regular seasons the last few years were caused in part by his off-ice issues.

I think it’s a combo of many things

Body is clearly breaking down and he put pressure on himself to live up to being a top player

Pressure of playing in Montreal , meds ( probably pain killers ) and since he hasn’t been healthy in years pushed him to this state .

He should walk away

I wonder if Price’s poor regular seasons the last few years were caused in part by his off-ice issues.
It seems likely that it would be a major contributor. He has appeared to have a much shorter tolerance for defensive breakdowns the last few years, glaring at his defense or swinging his stick after a goal. My guess is that his off ice issues not only affected his play but also created a toxic locker room, hence the multiple 8 game losing skids.

So, I am a bit confused with a NMC and a NTC, is there a major difference between them in that the player can't be traded without approval. Either can be waived with a player's consent? So Price has one, but technically he can be moved if he agrees to the team? Do any other players have them?

So, I am a bit confused with a NMC and a NTC, is there a major difference between them in that the player can't be traded without approval. Either can be waived with a player's consent? So Price has one, but technically he can be moved if he agrees to the team? Do any other players have them?
NMC guarantees a player can’t be moved anywhere without consent including AHL, whereas NTC as the acronym suggests restricts trade destinations

Almost all the TBay core have NMCs (except Point), it was the price for taking team favorable contracts - it’s also why Stamkos is still there

Last edited:
NMC guarantees a player can’t be moved anywhere without consent including AHL, whereas NTC as the acronym suggests restricts trade destinations

Almost all the TBay core have NMCs (except Point), it was the price for taking team favorable contracts - it’s also why Stamkos is still there

Right, but they can all be technically waived if the player approves? Like, Geeman says, high taxes, cold weather, and a team destined to rebuild. So whoever has a NMC should gladly accept a trade to anywhere but ARI? lol So aside from Price, does anyone know who else on our team has them?

Back