• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

NMC or not I don't think there's a market for a 34 year old, physically and mentally broken down goalie with a 10M cap hit coming out of therapy for a drug addiction.

Sure he was probably the best of his generation but that's a heck of a lot of baggage.

NMC or not I don't think there's a market for a 34 year old, physically and mentally broken down goalie with a 10M cap hit coming out of therapy for a drug addiction.

Sure he was probably the best of his generation but that's a heck of a lot of baggage.

We have Petry/Gally also. A rebuild will take 4-5 years minimum if we do it properly. Ya, I doubt Price gets moved but technically Seattle was thinking about it right?

Right, but they can all be technically waived if the player approves? Like, Geeman says, high taxes, cold weather, and a team destined to rebuild. So whoever has a NMC should gladly accept a trade to anywhere but ARI? lol So aside from Price, does anyone know who else on our team has them?

Everything has a price

TJ and Fluery surely didnt want to leave

Team just needs to make their hockey life miserable with benching , demotion or trying to convince them to move on

No hab has a full NMC like Price

Gally and Petry have a modified NTC , both should entertain getting the FO from this team

Petry would highly coveted and why would he play on a shit show team for the next 3 years

Team pissed away 2 Suzuki type deals hanging on to those 2

I think it’s a combo of many things

Body is clearly breaking down and he put pressure on himself to live up to being a top player

Pressure of playing in Montreal , meds ( probably pain killers ) and since he hasn’t been healthy in years pushed him to this state .

He should walk away
What Robin Lehner says is believable. I think that Habs management instructed their medical staff to get Price ready for the playoffs by whatever means necessary. Bergevin spent a pile of cap space on him and he needed him between the pipes. So once again, Bergevin's need to hang on to his job came first and the player's health came a distant second. I also don't think that Price was really hiding anything from the team. Management just chose not to see it.

When I called it as a drug issue rather than simply a mental health issue last month I took a lot of abuse on social media by Price defenders/apologists. These people completely missed the point. What I was talking about had next to nothing to do with Price and everything to do with the way that this team's front office constantly lies to us and treats us like we're imbeciles. They lie to us so much they don't even know what the truth is anymore. They lie even in situations where the truth would work just as well. They lie to us because guarding information gives them the illusion that they have all the power and are in control of all situations. Bergevin must have learned this tactic from when he worked in Chicago. The Blackhawks thought that they had control of the information and the messaging but as we saw a week ago they are no longer in control of anything.

The lack of transparency is what offends me. If you're going to make a habit of lying to your paying customers you should hire better liars than the likes of Marc Bergevin.

I think it was Stephane Waite who said last year that the years of injuries have caught up to Price and that he needs to be stretching quite literally all day to avoid being in pain on the ice. He compared it to The Choking Dog, whose body type makes him so elastic and he has none of the problems Price has.

For what it's worth, I never found WeHave's hypothesis ridiculous. There's a lot of drugs going around in pro sports, both the recreational kind and the anabolic kind.

Right, but they can all be technically waived if the player approves? Like, Geeman says, high taxes, cold weather, and a team destined to rebuild. So whoever has a NMC should gladly accept a trade to anywhere but ARI? lol So aside from Price, does anyone know who else on our team has them?
Price in only Habs player with an NMC

Both Gallagher & Petry have an NMC with modified NTC - I.e NMC protects both from being shipped to AHL (more importantly it was protection against being exposed for Seattle expansion draft), and Petry has a 15-team no trade, and Gallagher has a 6-team no trade

I think it was Stephane Waite who said last year that the years of injuries have caught up to Price and that he needs to be stretching quite literally all day to avoid being in pain on the ice. He compared it to The Choking Dog, whose body type makes him so elastic and he has none of the problems Price has.

For what it's worth, I never found WeHave's hypothesis ridiculous. There's a lot of drugs going around in pro sports, both the recreational kind and the anabolic kind.
I think it's telling that Price's statement says "substance use" rather than "substance abuse". The term "substance use" implies that he was not doing anything recreationally with the drugs but was being directed to use them by someone. This was the Habs team doctors prescribing Price highly addictive opioids to deal with the pain and not properly managing his usage. He became addicted on their watch and at their direction, which is why management was happy to let people think that Price had entered the player assistance program because of mental health issues about which they knew nothing rather than the drugs they knew everything about and had given him to use.

I'm also highly skeptical about Drouin's so-called mental health issues. I think that too was drug-related only in his case it was more likely recreational drugs, not pills given to him by team doctors.

I think it's telling that Price's statement says "substance use" rather than "substance abuse". The term "substance use" implies that he was not doing anything recreationally with the drugs but was being directed to use them by someone. This was the Habs team doctors prescribing Price highly addictive opioids to deal with the pain and not properly managing his usage. He became addicted on their watch and at their direction, which is why management was happy to let people think that Price had entered the player assistance program because of mental health issues about which they knew nothing rather than the drugs they knew everything about and had given him to use.

I'm also highly skeptical about Drouin's so-called mental health issues. I think that too was drug-related only in his case it was more likely recreational drugs, not pills given to him by team doctors.
Now you've gone too far given that you have no actual proof of any of this, and yes, I realize we're not in court, etc., but still.

Now you've gone too far given that you have no actual proof of any of this, and yes, I realize we're not in court, etc., but still.
Ask yourself why Price would be taking drugs to begin with. The likely answer there is pain management. And where would Price acquire the painkillers? From the team's medical staff. He doesn't need to find a dealer, the team doctor is his personal pusher. Robin Lehner exposed this practice just a few weeks ago. The math gets really simple at this point. Price + pain / team doctor x prescription opioids x 2 months of playoffs = addiction.

Ask yourself why Price would be taking drugs to begin with. The likely answer there is pain management. And where would Price acquire the painkillers? From the team's medical staff. He doesn't need to find a dealer, the team doctor is his personal pusher. Robin Lehner exposed this practice just a few weeks ago. The math gets really simple at this point. Price + pain / team doctor x prescription opioids x 2 months of playoffs = addiction.
Maybe. But maybe not.

If he comes back healthy , there is definitely demand for 31

It takes one team to look at last years playoffs and salivate of what he can do for us .

Need to eat 4 mil in cap but a healthy Price has value

Vegas had no trouble going after an unstable Lehner

If Avs get bounced early again it’ll most likely be due to poor defense / goaltending again & Kroenke will be on Sakic’s ass like maggots on animal carcass

Drouin admitted to a sleep disorder and anxiety attacks, not sure recreational drugs could have caused that.

Back