• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

That's what you get in the bargain bin of puck-moving defensemen, guys that have decent skill but an adventure in their own zone. I wouldn't expect Clague to be any different.
Yessir.

It's one thing if you have a Quinn Hughes, who is deficient in his own end and needs a Shea Weber type to help him offset his problems but makes up for it with top-tier offensive instincts, but if your offense isn't good enough to make up for your defensive liabilities...

I don't expect anything from Clague. It's a shot in the dark, no loss if he doesn't amount to anything.

Interesting recall. Has some offensive ability but looks like a career AHL guy. This might be Gorton seeing what he has in Laval.

Please leave him in Laval.

He needs to learn how to play on North American ice. He's too used to the open ice with a lot of time to make plays.

From what I'm seeing on twitter this morning, he wants to go back to Sweden so that will likely be what happens.

But I agree, would love to see him stay here.

Apparently he's not happy with his usage, and according to a Swedish site (trust the translation and/or context at your own risk) he's said "In all honesty, I have been wanting go home for a while."

I don't know what Norlinder's done to be entitled to anything, really. He was one of the top d-men in Sweden's second league two seasons ago, wasn't the top d-man on his own team last year when he should have been playing in the AHL.

The NHL's not a developmental league and coaches don't strategize based on what's best for the young players' future, they coach to win right now. If the younger players aren't going to play or be put in favorable situations, keep them in the AHL.

Apparently he's not happy with his usage, and according to a Swedish site (trust the translation and/or context at your own risk) he's said "In all honesty, I have been wanting go home for a while."

I don't know what Norlinder's done to be entitled to anything, really. He was one of the top d-men in Sweden's second league two seasons ago, wasn't the top d-man on his own team last year when he should have been playing in the AHL.

The NHL's not a developmental league and coaches don't strategize based on what's best for the young players' future, they coach to win right now. If the younger players aren't going to play or be put in favorable situations, keep them in the AHL.

I'm still not sure why the team didn't send him back to Sweden after training camp instead of letting him sit in the press box.

probably just wants to play hockey
so not really sure it is entitlement

giphy.gif

For some reason the players can't grasp the system. You would think that someone with brains could just find a simplified system that all could grasp and buy into? I mean if it comes down to trying to win games 1-0, like the Martin days, then so be it.

For some reason the players can't grasp the system. You would think that someone with brains could just find a simplified system that all could grasp and buy into? I mean if it comes down to trying to win games 1-0, like the Martin days, then so be it.
You need the right players for every system

Team has no identity

Not built to outscore anyone , and too flawed to play a grind it out a 2-1 team

Brutal transition game with no D

Even healthy , team is a mess and mish mash of spare parts

Back