• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I guess DD’s system is too complicated — probably would work in Europe

It's been a problem ever since he started, at one point it's no longer the players, it's the coach. And we're past that point already. It maybe a wonderful system when executed well, but it's pointless if it never is.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that Dum Dum will last the whole season, despite what Gorton said.

Yeah...unless he Dum downs his "system" on Gorton's orders, he won't last much longer. Players sniping out in public is not a good look.

OTOH, him staying on helps the tank.

I think Gorton knows full well how important a top 3 pick this year and top pick next year will be for this rebuild. Add in the fact the draft is in Montreal, if he can secure the #1 pick in the home arena, that’s gonna be the loudest cheer ever at a draft lol. I think he keeps Ducharme for the tank

Ducharme will never coach in the NHL again if he keeps him. Sad situation. Cup of coffee I suppose.

Yeah...unless he Dum downs his "system" on Gorton's orders, he won't last much longer. Players sniping out in public is not a good look.

OTOH, him staying on helps the tank.

He stays the year

As shit as it is , team is decimated with injuries /Covid and he has the worst D in the league to work with

This isnt bald Bruce in BC trying to motivate underachieving skilled talent

Players can snipe but FFS half this team is AHL caliber right now

Fuk it bite the bullet , season is over

Hopefully it forces vets to waive their trade clauses to further advance the gut job

Ducharme is there to see the season though and then get fired with a nice payoff. He only goes sooner if he snaps at a presser and starts chucking chairs at the journalists. Then maybe Richardson sees out the year. But, really, they are interchangeable.

No way Gorton goes through the trouble to hire someone to take over this mess.

He stays the year

As shit as it is , team is decimated with injuries /Covid and he has the worst D in the league to work with

This isnt bald Bruce in BC trying to motivate underachieving skilled talent

Players can snipe but FFS half this team is AHL caliber right now

Fuk it bite the bullet , season is over

Hopefully it forces vets to waive their trade clauses to further advance the gut job
Yeah but he always looks like a sweating deer in headlights. That's painful to watch too, some nights I think inhumane even.

Ducharme is there to see the season though and then get fired with a nice payoff. He only goes sooner if he snaps at a presser and starts chucking chairs at the journalists. Then maybe Richardson sees out the year. But, really, they are interchangeable.

He got his retirement nut, not really a bad gig for 1+ years.

Also, does Geoff want to spend one more dime on the HC position? Even handing Richardson a small raise might be too much considering he's already paying DD and JC

As he coached the junior team here in Halifax, and with great success, I liked the hire. He has a very even disposition, and that is evident now in his public front. However junior success and an even temperament will only get you so far, and the team looks lost.

Back