• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

During their draft year, most had McKinnon rated higher than Drouin although views were somewhat split. Seth Jones was also in the mix. I watched the two Halifax players extensively here at the time and really thought Drouin had a shot at being the second coming of Patrick Kane. I also thought he was more creative than McKinnon,and favoured that over McKinnon's power game. So I put Drouin ahead of McKinnon. (Most of you probably get a sense of what I am talking about, since you see glimpses of Drouin's creative angle, even if I was off by a few miles.).

I figure for the most part I could have drafted better than Timmons in the first round over the last 15 years or so. While Timmons was not involved in those selections, my would-be pick of Drouin over Mckinnon (or Jones for that matter) would rank up there with his Fischer over Giroux etc. (well, at least Drouin made the NHL). I wonder who he would have picked given the choice of the three.....

Last edited:
Back