• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

If the media was smart, they would be on board with the tank. But their headlines, 'habs let another one get away' are like as if the habs are disappointing by not winning. NO THEY AREN'T. They are trying to tank and rebuild, what's wrong with these sports writers? The headline should be, HABS MISTAKINGLY WIN A POINT.
Media has its own agenda, depending on the language spoken... what's new? ;)

True, l

Last night on Antichambre , they were praising Montembeault and Harvey-Pinard and the whole team for a valiant effort. Of course two Quebeckers leading the way...LOL almost more important than the victory.
They know where their bread is buttered.

The same thing with TVA Sports and Journal de Montréal, they know that going to bat (or hammering, see Brisebois/Theodore/Desharnais/Drouin) for the 'tit gars de chez nous always gets clicks.

No reserve Dmen left now.
I believe McNiven will be the back-up because Primeau is on the Covid list.

Last edited:
As long as everyone’s relatively not affected by this Covid stuff, then this is perrrfect for the tank. I mean, you gotta get in as many games as you can right now with this team like it is. Lose, lose, lose, no points please. Then trade everyone and go full tank next year

As long as everyone’s relatively not affected by this Covid stuff, then this is perrrfect for the tank. I mean, you gotta get in as many games as you can right now with this team like it is. Lose, lose, lose, no points please. Then trade everyone and go full tank next year

The season is completely toast , there is no point trying to salvage anything ....beyond repair

Team has no option but to clear the deck this year and get as many assets as they can

Next year is a shit show as well , this wont be a one year OMG we stink event

Sure injuries/Covid etc... doesnt help but this roster is atrocious and 2/3 wont be here when better days arrive

Gally and Petry have to go , how can they be part of a 3-4 year rebuild .......why would they want to stay

Price can be a summer deal unless he comes back healthy now and a Colorado offers fair value with retained salary

Or in the offseason as the pool is larger and team caps have more flexibility

2 tank years is a must if team is to anywhere

Detroit and others are better , team will be painful to watch for a few years

Hard to believe that only 6 months ago, the same team had KK, Lehkonen, Evans, Romanov, Kulak, rotating in and out of the lineup and Tatar was a complete afterthought.

Not to mention Gorton probably owes one to the League after that open letter about how incompetent Player Safety is. Now he is the good soldier agreeing to play these games undermanned.

Back