• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

There's a part of me that always wants the guy who is a good career minor leaguer having a chance to get one game in the NHL, even if it's on the worst team in the league.

Give Schueneman his one NHL game, please.
Seems like a random AHL guy, I looked him up and he played college hockey at W Michigan. I lived for a few months there at the same time and watched a few of their games and I don't remember him.

Seems like a random AHL guy, I looked him up and he played college hockey at W Michigan. I lived for a few months there at the same time and watched a few of their games and I don't remember him.
Yup. He signed with us last year on an AHL deal, then he played well enough to be re-signed on a two-way deal and he's going to make his NHL debut tonight.

Good for him. It might be the only game he'll ever play in the NHL, but still.

The Belly is back

The first acquisition of Smith-Belly was a damning indictment of Bergevin's talent evaluation acumen. This latest acquisition of Smith-Belly is a further indictment of both his and Timmins' drafting acumen. The organization has been left so threadbare that it has to resort to signing this waste of space.

The first acquisition of Smith-Belly was a damning indictment of Bergevin's talent evaluation acumen. This latest acquisition of Smith-Belly is a further indictment of both his and Timmins' drafting acumen. The organization has been left so threadbare that it has to resort to signing this waste of space.
Clearly he's signed for his greatest attribute... he's covid free

No, he's getting a PTO because quite literally, half of the AHL team is in the NHL now. Virtually everyone that has a two-way NHL contract has been re-called.

They need bodies without draining the ECHL team too much.

There's only one player still on Laval's team that can be called up: Jean-Sebastien Dea. Brooks, Teasdale and Ouellet are also able to be called up, but they're injured.

If the media was smart, they would be on board with the tank. But their headlines, 'habs let another one get away' are like as if the habs are disappointing by not winning. NO THEY AREN'T. They are trying to tank and rebuild, what's wrong with these sports writers? The headline should be, HABS MISTAKINGLY WIN A POINT.

Back