• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Habs were always tough until Houle became GM. That wasn't our way of winning but we wouldn't get intimidated by anyone.

Exec summary:
- as reported by LaPresse Danault turned down 5yrs/$25M
- Danault is seeking 6yrs between $5.5M-$6M
- Habs using Pageau as comparable, Danault clan using Brock Nelson as comparable
- Discussions are amicable between two parties...expect deal will get done around $5.5M

Last edited:
Tatar
Danault
Armia
Perry
Frolik
Weal

All come off the books next year. There's money to resign Danault and I think the Habs want to resign him. The rest I think are gone. That stupid Byron contract will cost them Tatar.

Tatar
Danault
Armia
Perry
Frolik
Weal

All come off the books next year. There's money to resign Danault and I think the Habs want to resign him. The rest I think are gone. That stupid Byron contract will cost them Tatar.

Perry/Frolik make the minimum,so replacing them will not save you a dime.

Don't forget the Kraken; they might grab Allen which might create cap space depending on the new backup

Don't forget the Kraken; they might grab Allen which might create cap space depending on the new backup
Or Chiarot / Edmundson but point stands, cap space will likely free up.

next year is Chiarot’s UFA season & Drouin the season following

I think it was Robinson’s devastating hip check on Dornhoefer

I so remember this fight, I was jumping all over the place, cheering for Big Bird!!

Yes, I was around too. I don't recall Lapointe doing much fighting, but he was tough and favourite of mine.

That fight and the addition of Doug Riseborough, Mario Tremblay, and Rick Chartraw were part of the decomissioning of the Flyers. Those three came in with a lot of energy during the previous seaon and now had experience. They were fearless, and we won a bunch of fights in an exhibition game with Philly prior to 75-76. Suddenly the Flyers went "oh-oh". And of course Riseborough and Tremblay could play too. We then had all the elements required.

If a dime is worth $1.5m then I have several to trade.

Exec summary:
- as reported by LaPresse Danault turned down 5yrs/$25M
- Danault is seeking 6yrs between $5.5M-$6M
- Habs using Pageau as comparable, Danault clan using Brock Nelson as comparable
- Discussions are amicable between two parties...expect deal will get done around $5.5M

Dano at 5+ is an overpay for a 3C

Dano at 5+ is an overpay for a 3C
Not for a teams based on depth vs elite top heaviness. Contracts should also be looked at in terms of % of cap absorption - with Seattle coming in revenues will inevitably skyrocket once in 1.5-2 seasons..once normalcy returns

Not for a teams based on depth vs elite top heaviness.
he will be nearly 29 when his next deal kicks in

If we have to rely on Dano as top 2C we are fuked

He brings zero offence to the table , nice player but want no part of that term contract

Couldnt care less about his Selke worthy details , we was useless in the playoffs

Back