• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

The one thing we have that other teams simply didn't: He burns a year of his ELC with us, and reached RFA status in 15 months. He'd have to wait an additional full year if he was to wait until we lost his rights.

Looks like Drouin is headed for wrist surgery and is done for the season.

Gotta think he's played his last game as a Hab.
Yup. Can't help but think he's going to get bought out. I have a very hard time believing we'll be able to find someone to trade for him.

Philly is part of Petry’s NTC - he will end up with a mid-west or Southern team, most likely Stars IMO after Klingberg bolts & it just happens to be his wife’s hometown
Gotta think he is so miserable in Montreal, he will waive his NTC to go anywhere.

Yup. Can't help but think he's going to get bought out. I have a very hard time believing we'll be able to find someone to trade for him.
Yeah I think that’s it for Drouin. The buyout conditions are appealing for the Habs. Worst MB trade by a huge margin. Still not quite sure what happened to Drouin, he was quite a dynamic player early in his career.

Yeah I think that’s it for Drouin. The buyout conditions are appealing for the Habs. Worst MB trade by a huge margin. Still not quite sure what happened to Drouin, he was quite a dynamic player early in his career.
Talent's always been there, I just don't think he loves hockey. Or maybe he's fallen out of love and the pro game isn't for him. Maybe coming to Montreal in his early 20s with all the expectations and the spotlight ruined him. Who knows.

There have been red flags about him for just about as long as he's been playing in the NHL. Tampa Bay had been looking to trade him ever since his second year in the league. He had almost been traded to St. Louis for Kevin Shattenkirk, a few months before he ended up getting traded here.

Part of it was, Tampa & Drouin were far apart in terms of what they wanted on the second contract. Tampa wanted a bridge, Drouin wanted a long term deal. Another part of it was, there was a lot of friction between TB management & Drouin, especially when Drouin was sent to the AHL and he just behaved like he was above it. I watched a good amount of those Tampa Bay games, and he always started the game on one of the first two lines, but he'd always finish on the third/fourth line.

Teams aren't looking to traded talented players in the middle of their ELC just 'cuz.

Last edited:
Talent's always been there, I just don't think he loves hockey. Or maybe he's fallen out of love and the pro game isn't for him. Who knows.
Dunno, comments from his closest teammates say that he is always talking hockey and loves to play. I think he just doesnt have the skill set for the NHL style game. He isn' t the first and won't be the last..

Last edited:
You look at Drouin from junior or in Tampa before the trade and it’s not the same player. I do think he got rattled a few times and became timid, the endless injuries not helping either.

I think Hair will be right this time...

New front office, the mental illness angle prevented Bergy from buying him out.....Gorton doesn't give a shit about Habs media...he's worked in Boston and New York....Drouin is gone

Back