• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Why not give Drouin another chance? Might string together enough good months together next year and net a decent return as an expiring contract at the trade deadline

Why not give Drouin another chance? Might string together enough good months together next year and net a decent return as an expiring contract at the trade deadline

$3.6M reasons why. But we'd get a 1.8M hit in two years. Not sure we really need the cap space next year, depends on Hugo's plans.

Let’s see what MSL can do with him. He may get moved this summer but I don’t think return will be worth it and they may decide to let him play himself into a trade.

Yah, no sense in buying out next year’s UFAs. We won’t be competitive and there’s no sense in encumbering future years; just need to get over the hump.

Especially since he'll most likely be injured half the year anyways

That’s the thing with Drouin — all the negatives have been priced in. The only surprise(s) would be to the upside.

For that reason, I would hold on to him like a lotto ticket unless he really wanted out

He’s not always hurt. He needs mental breaks

The entire team needed Zoloft when DD was at the helm. Perhaps St Louis’ miracle therapy could work on JD. Might as well give it a shot.

If it doesn’t work, Drouin is out of our lives forever in 12 months (or sooner if LTIR beckons)

Drouin and Byron will liberate 8.9M when their contacts expire after next season. I would focus on getting rid of long term contracts or malcontents this summer: Weber, Price, Gallagher, Armia, Petry and maybe Hoffman.

Drouin and Byron will liberate 8.9M when their contacts expire after next season. I would focus on getting rid of long term contracts or malcontents this summer: Weber, Price, Gallagher, Armia, Petry and maybe Hoffman.

I think Gally , Petry and Webers contract will be moved

31 nothing gets done until he is healthy , probably not until sometime next season

I’m wondering w Friedman / LeBrun reporting about that big deal w Yotes taking Weber’s contract expected to be revisited at draft might include Luke Richardson’s nephew w Mailloux being moved to Az w many other players swapping locations. Chris Johnson was alluding to such on his podcast

The sticking point was apparently insurance coverage on Webers deal for this season if deal materialized at deadline.

Last edited:
Hence, Richardson’s nephew..

Chychrun-Letang 1st pair…

In another rebuilding year, why? Logan has top line D potential. Chychrun I think has a NMC and by the time his contract is over, is most likely when this team might be looking to contend. I just hope Hughes sticks to a couple more years rebuilding, especially if we don't score Wright this year.

Back