• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

"Watching 31 play in a few meaningless games down the stretch doesnt do much if a few interested teams need him in October"

Just my thought, but teams that would be interested in him in October would need to see that he is healthy so the games that he plays are not meaningless if it allows us to trade him. I just don't see Price being traded over the summer if he does not play before the season is over.
And teams don't tend to carry $10M in cap space into the season. The off season is the time to move a contract like that.

The "right deal" is any deal that someone is willing to take him off our hands.

No team is taking him on without cap retention or shit contracts coming back

Team needs to get creative to structure a hockey deal that gives us something to move forward with

It could be savings on term , draft pick/prospect etc...

I mean, he's not wrong, but as a general statement, I disagree. Is Suzuki first or second center in Tampa Bay, Colorado, Toronto or Pittsburgh (and maybe Florida / Washington)? No, but those 4 teams (6 if you include Florida / Washington) have future HHOF players as their #1 and some even have a future HHOFer as their #2, but he'd be a second center on every single other contending team. I'll take Suzuki before whoever Bawstun's #2 center is, over Trochek in Carolina, Thomas in St. Louis (barely), Strome in New Yawk, whoever Minny's #2 center is, Backlund in Calgary, Danault in LA, RNH in Deadmonton & both of Nashville/Dallas's #1 & #2 centers.

That’s also true. He’s also about the last guy I would rely on for analysis of offensive ability, given how his teams played.
Exactly, and previous Habs management teams have tried to convince us that humps like Plekanec, Desharnais and Danault were legitimate first line centers so Suzuki compares pretty well against our usual 21st century standards.

I mean, he's not wrong, but as a general statement, I disagree. Is Suzuki first or second center in Tampa Bay, Colorado, Toronto or Pittsburgh (and maybe Florida / Washington)? No, but those 4 teams (6 if you include Florida / Washington) have future HHOF players as their #1 and some even have a future HHOFer as their #2, but he'd be a second center on every single other contending team. I'll take Suzuki before whoever Bawstun's #2 center is, over Trochek in Carolina, Thomas in St. Louis (barely), Strome in New Yawk, whoever Minny's #2 center is, Backlund in Calgary, Danault in LA, RNH in Deadmonton & both of Nashville/Dallas's #1 & #2 centers.
Nuge isnt a center anymore

Leon and McDavid as the centres - so that is another team he would not be a second line centre on - though they might actually move Leon to the wing if they had a suzuki

Nuge isnt a center anymore

Leon and McDavid as the centres - so that is another team he would not be a second line centre on - though they might actually move Leon to the wing if they had a suzuki
Don't Leon & McDavid often play on the same line? If Leon & McDavid are both playing center, then yeah, add them to the list.

Back