• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

No, he’s not. He’s a one dimensional player. It’s an important dimension but . . . he’s a one trick pony. They don’t receive $9 million per.

Agreed 100% , he wont even get a Suzuki deal

DaBrincat will be an interesting next contact for a player of similar size

Maybe not, but if he’s a 40 goal scorer he’s gettin’ paid and we should be damn happy for it. That would be great.
You become elite by having players worth more than their contracts, and for that you need to take risks. It's a perfect opportunity to gamble right now. Show some balls.

Brady got 8.2M after a 55 points pace. If Caufield blows up next year like I believe he will, Brisson will get him paid.

Brady is a 200 foot monster who plays with an edge and scored 30 goals a year later

His game was getting better and is a top 5 PF in the game right now

I like CC but he is a one dimensional goal scorer , apples and oranges comparison

Who do you want at the exact same contact right now ...CC or Brady ?

There were nice cheap bottom 6 he could of chased

I thought White was a good fit
But I don't want a good fit. I don't want anything that will make this team better next season. If they so much as finish 31st instead of 32nd I'll be pissed.
#TankHard4Bedard (so they can get 1st overall and draft someone else instead, probably)

Yeah Dubas's moves are really puzzling to me. Looking at the UFA left and the cap spaces drying up I'd imagine showing patience would have been better. I mean there are good players that will have to take less money and term to get a contract this year. I would have squeezed everything out of that lemon.

Yeah. When you saw him having fun with his family during the final games of the year, I think that was as close as you'll get to a "I'm out of this" type of moment.

When a hyper-focused player like Price doesn't even notice the play is going on in front of him at the end of the game because he's waving to his kids, I think the gig's up.
Price and Petry are in the same boat: they are both married to blonde American women who aren't down with vaccinating (or who have family members who aren't) and who would like to speak to the manager. Neither situation is tenable for very much longer. Petry needs to be unloaded asap and the only thing keeping Price around is the contract. He has no desire to actually play hockey anymore.

Back