• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Habs could get a bigly return for Petry if and only if the counterparty misjudges value of return (e.g. Glass v Suzuki.)

Anyway, costs for dumping salary a very high before the UFA window opens; I would be more inclined to move him when that is less top if mind and other teams are desperate for help (trade deadline.)
Edmonton would pay but he doesn't want to be in Canada, well the wife doesn't anyway. He'll stay in Montreal before going to another Canadian city.

Yeah. When you saw him having fun with his family during the final games of the year, I think that was as close as you'll get to a "I'm out of this" type of moment.

When a hyper-focused player like Price doesn't even notice the play is going on in front of him at the end of the game because he's waving to his kids, I think the gig's up.
Fair enough, but it can also be the excitement from his family to finally see him back on the ice after going through NHL treatment facility , the struggle with mental health, injury etc.. it has been one wild year for him, plus the games meant absolutely nothing in the big picture.. I guess we will have to wait for the book :)

You can tune in occasionally to monitor Slaf’s progress.
I guess there could be other things, like how many goals can Caufield score in a full season with St-Louis as coach. How many points will Suzuki get. How many games will Price play etc....

I did , but barely watched the games towards the end. Another year of the same will be too much.
It should be a lot more interesting this year.

Slaf
Caufield with a year under his belt, building on the great finish to the season
Suzuki with another year of experience
Dach

Last edited:
This year won't be about winning, it'll be to see how the four HP mentioned play, along with Guhle/Barron/Harris.

Maybe another one of the young players will make a surprise out of camp & make the team. We'll see.

This year won't be about winning, it'll be to see how the four HP mentioned play, along with Guhle/Barron/Harris.

Maybe another one of the young players will make a surprise out of camp & make the team. We'll see.
I'd love to see Guhle get a look this year.

Trading Romanov has all but guaranteed the third spot on the left is his to lose. He'll start the season in Montreal barring a bad training camp.

Top 3 would be better. I see a delineation mark after Bedard, Michov and Fantilli
I would likely not draft the Russian at this time. He’s signed with a Russian team through 2025 and given the current situation there . . . but that could obviously change by next year’s draft.

I will always feel good vibes about DD...SCF appearance followed by #1 overall pick due to the worst Hab team I have ever seen

During the MLS phase of the year, I think Habs were only 7th worst in the league. Not bad enough.

Thank god, DD dug that giant hole for us.

Back