• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Can’t have two of Gallagher, Perry, Anderson on same PP IMO - they’re all net front presence players

I do like KK of left wall & Tatar as shot from R-wall option

I'm already bored of playing only Canadian teams. Thank goodness its for one season only. That's the hope anyway.

Reactions: CH1
Can’t have two of Gallagher, Perry, Anderson on same PP IMO - they’re all net front presence players

I do like KK of left wall & Tatar as shot from R-wall option

1) One of them is used in the bumper role to take shots from the high slot.
2) Nothing wrong with having 2 players crashing the net and looking for rebounds, which I believe is the primary tactic for the second unit.

Weber is kind of useless on the PP. It's where puck movement goes to die....the occasional shot that gets through isn't worth it.

sure, but the whole PP is catered towards him....the question is how many points above replacement is he worth in that role?

In previous year yes, but not this year. Suzuki and Petry are anchoring the PP and distributing the puck around. No longer is the PP limited to trying to set up Weber.

sure, but the whole PP is catered towards him....the question is how many points above replacement is he worth in that role?
I don't mind him on the PP if he's used as a distraction to get a PK forward cheating up high. Consistently feeding him for a one -timer though? I agree with you, long past time to move on.

I don't mind him on the PP if he's used as a distraction to get a PK forward cheating up high. Consistently feeding him for a one -timer though? I agree with you, long past time to move on.

I agree...he's fine as a chess piece...but I think they are still forcing it to him too frequently.....the result is too often a blocked shot, a turnover, or an injured teammate

In previous year yes, but not this year. Suzuki and Petry are anchoring the PP and distributing the puck around. No longer is the PP limited to trying to set up Weber.

Still too much for my liking...the shots rarely get through

In one of the threads before the season started, I thought about removing Weber from the PP to save his legs. Outside of his one-timer, Weber doesn't bring anything to the PP anymore.

Vancouver's PP impressed me. They don't have a big shot, but they bait you into moving to certain spots on the ice so that it'll open up players. It was fun to watch.

Back