• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned - Evans so far, has 1 giveaway and 4 takeaways playing 12-TOI, that’s pretty impressive...

That kid is going to continue to improve. Might even eventually become Captain material.

I do not miss Sylvain Lefebvre. He was awful. Bouchard seems to actually be developing players.

If he was really worried about mental health he would have put a better product on the ice the past decade. Habs fans be crazy.

That kid is going to continue to improve. Might even eventually become Captain material.
The question I keep wondering about is whether he can show sharp enough progression this season to be projected as being where Danault is today within 1-2 seasons?

If so, that could provide alternatives...

The question I keep wondering about is whether he can show sharp enough progression this season to be projected as being where Danault is today within 1-2 seasons?

If Evans turns out like Danault it would be a gold strike. Is it possible? Sure. Likely? I think more of a third line center with 25-30 points.

Dano played/plays with our better players to pad his offensive stats

Evans might become a good responsible center but wont be granted the same offensive players

I think he has better hands to score than Dano IMO

In a perfect world our 1-2C is set this year and Evans can be the 3C and chip in 30 points

Want no part of 5+ mil for a 3C Dano , we have too much money tied to players leading to or in their 30`s

I do not miss Sylvain Lefebvre. He was awful. Bouchard seems to actually be developing players.

Graduates from Lefebvre university after 6 years coaching our AHL team, minimum 50 games under his tutelage.

Nathan Beaulieu
Gabriel Dumont
Jarred Tinordi
Greg Pateryn
Charles Hudon
Sven Andrighetto
Christian Thomas
Jacob De La Rose
Michael Bournival
Nikita Sherbak
Michael McCarron

What are great collection of fringe players / spare parts.

My biggest what-if remains Darren Dietz. To this day, I don't know what happened with him in the AHL, but his progression came to a screeching halt when he got there.

Something tells me Bouchard might have found a gem or two in that list. Look what he did for Evans.
Allow me to play devils advocate for a moment - did Bouchard really perform a miracle or does Evans possess that intestinal drive & most importantly ability to be a quick study other prospects didn’t?

Evans seems to possess the knack of being able to translate what is taught into action without needing to be told twice.

Allow me to play devils advocate for a moment - did Bouchard really perform a miracle or does Evans possess that intestinal drive & most importantly ability to be a quick study other prospects didn’t?

Evans seems to possess the knack of being able to translate what is taught into action without needing to be told twice.
Gotta give credit to Evans for sure but we're taking about first rounders here. Nobody on that list could be developed into a fourth liner or bottom pair D? That's a decade or more of incompetence.

Gotta give credit to Evans for sure but we're taking about first rounders here. Nobody on that list could be developed into a fourth liner or bottom pair D? That's a decade or more of incompetence.
I don’t think any pre-2014 talent could’ve developed into a 4th liner. Scherbak & JDLR were the only two with pace potential but former lacked intestinal fortitude & the latter any talent other than skating

My biggest what-if remains Darren Dietz. To this day, I don't know what happened with him in the AHL, but his progression came to a screeching halt when he got there.
Totally agreed on Dietz , I thought Michael Bournival would have a decent career as a bottom six as well

He reminded me of Benoit Brunet

Back