• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Goes to show, Edmonton couldn't evalutate talent 30 years ago either.

Besides Draisatl at #3, and ignoring their first overall picks, their last "good" drafts are like 1993 (Arnott & Satan, which of course they gave away) and 1981 (Fuhr and Smith).

So really they build their whole legacy on Gretzky + 2 drafts in 1979 and 1980, but what drafts those were. After that they've been far far worse than the Habs.

WTF did that even mean? The lie of his stick off four increments? WTF is an "increment"? Sometimes this McCagg guy talks out his butt.

Judge 18/19 old players and decide who's better at your own peril. A lot can change.

I don't about you guys, but I really enjoy seeing a 6'3 center in our top 3 lines. I think the last ones we had were Radek Bonk, Chad Kilger and Trevor Linden, all of which were past their prime.

Not trying to downplay our start, because its been wonderful. But I'm not sure this division is that strong. I suppose the other divisions have weak teams as well. Doesn't matter till playoffs I suppose. Calgary and Edmonton have been underwhelming, Vancouver may get untracked but same there. Ottawa,well no surprise there. I still think Winnipeg will be in the mix.

Back