• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Special teams still a problem. If you look at the save percentage on the PK, our goalies need to be better. In this particular example they are facing less high dangerous shots than Vancouver but the save percentage is lower than Vancouver.

did we accrue enough cap space yet to keep Perry on the roster?

This was Pittsburgh's defense tonight:

Chad Ruhwedel, Kevin Czuczman, Cody Ceci, Yannick Weber, Pierre-Olivier Joseph, John Marino

Ruhwedel's a depth #7 d-man at best, Czuczman I never heard of before tonight, Ceci's washed, Weber didn't have a contract a week ago, P-O Joseph's a prospect and Marino's good.

I think they have one real NHL d-man among their current players, until Letang, Dumoulin & Pettersson come back.

If you put Mete on waivers, he's 100% getting picked up by Pittsburgh.

Looks like he’s getting closer to a return..

It will be interesting to see if he will be back next season or not, all depending to what he is asking of course, big body, when healthy can put up 20, can play 2nd line in bottom 10-15 teams or 3rd in some good ones.
French media are pushing for Danault, but i like what Armia does for this team, pretty much the same in case of Tatar. Hope we manage to bring all 3 back...

If there wasn't a cap, all three would be back. Alas...

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we re-signed Suzuki to a mega deal at $7M+ for 6 to 8 years this summer.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we re-signed Suzuki to a mega deal at $7M+ for 6 to 8 years this summer.
Of course Danault is C and French but assuming he will be back(despite the failure of negotiation and his slow start), who would you pick between Armia and Tatar?
Offer Tatar 4x4(Toffoli moeny almost) and Armia 3.25mx4.
They both will get more as UFA anyway, specially Tatar. The question is, are they willing to remain a Hab?

Suzuki is a real deal. KK, i am not sure , still too young and early to say though.

Last edited:
I was reading organization asking Bouchard to play Primeau as No1 in Laval, it will be interesting to see how this kid will do with more games during a season, they want him to play 100 more in AHL before jumping to the main league.
Will he eventually replace Carey in two or three years as no1? He is still quite young.

I think the only one resigned is Lek .

Agreed , Suzuki gets a long term deal .

Flat cap for 2-3 more years and I don’t see us saddled with Dano and Tatar and have more cap bucks with players in their 30’s

You could see Dano playing a lesser role this season , I don’t think he ages well

Hell no, he doesnt deserve this just yet. I want to see more.
He may be the # 1 centre on this team but is he a true NHL # 1 centre?

Last edited:
Back