• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I know it is still early with only 9 games played (although it is 16% of the season), when was the last time the Habs had 4 players at a ppg or better in the first 9 games?

Petry 11
Toffoli 10
Suzuki 9
Drouin 9

I can't remember the last time they had a strong start like that.

I was reading organization asking Bouchard to play Primeau as No1 in Laval, it will be interesting to see how this kid will do with more games during a season, they want him to play 100 more in AHL before jumping to the main league.
Will he eventually replace Carey in two or three years as no1? He is still quite young.
Welcome btw

I know it is still early with only 9 games played (although it is 16% of the season), when was the last time the Habs had 4 players at a ppg or better in the first 9 games?

Petry 11
Toffoli 10
Suzuki 9
Drouin 9

I can't remember the last time they had a strong start like that.
1985-86?

Naslund
Dhalin
Smith
Big Bird

Ironically last time Habs had a 100-point player (Naslund)

So just the other day? Got it.

It's been 35 years? I mean Robinson was still playing?!?

I can’t remember a year after 85-86 when the Habs ever had such a collective offense , not even 92-93:

Naslund was top-10 in scoring, Damphousse was nowhere near top-10

It could. The North division sucks, especially defensively. Vancouver, Ottawa, Edmonton and Winnipeg (despite their goalie) are bad defensively.
Should watch the Honda doorknob division...will appreciate what suckage truly means...Massmutual & Discover aren’t nothing to write home about either.

CDN division is eons better than the others..

Should watch the Honda doorknob division...will appreciate what suckage truly means...Massmutual & Discover aren’t nothing to write home about either.

CDN division is eons better than the others..

Agreed , Ottawa is the only weak link

Division may not have top teams but overall better than the rest

Back