• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

What reality setting in? This is a strong team regardless of Atlantic or CDN division

In time Toffoli is not a .90 GPG player …Petry is not a 1.3 PPG player

Anderson is not a 50 goal player pace … 30 is legit and your right ITS A STEAL OF A TRADE

Next season when normalcy and back to expected 82 game schedules , its a different league

Lets enjoy what this season brings

In time Toffoli is not a .90 GPG player …Petry is not a 1.3 PPG player

Anderson is not a 50 goal player pace … 30 is legit and your right ITS A STEAL OF A TRADE

Next season when normalcy and back to expected 82 game schedules , its a different league

Lets enjoy what this season brings
ya - i dont trust anything about individual performance this season

I think this year's format is conducive to higher output actually. Facing the same teams and goalies over and over again? You learn their weaknesses quickly.

I would not expect this in a normal schedule.

If you watch the replay Tyler puts his head down and stares at the puck for a few seconds to make his move. I don't know what they are teaching D nowadays but decades ago that meant you were about to get your lights put out. It looked like a nice play but damn he was lucky it was Jordie Benn there and not someone like Weber. He needs to be careful or he'll be on IR in no time.

If you watch the replay Tyler puts his head down and stares at the puck for a few seconds to make his move. I don't know what they are teaching D nowadays but decades ago that meant you were about to get your lights put out. It looked like a nice play but damn he was lucky it was Jordie Benn there and not someone like Weber. He needs to be careful or he'll be on IR in no time.

He first looked and saw the distance and direction the defenseman was taking before pulling the move and looking down. He knew what he was doing and how safe it was. He also knew it wasn't Weber or Scott Stevens in front of him.

He first looked and saw the distance and direction the defenseman was taking before pulling the move and looking down. He knew what he was doing and how safe it was. He also knew it wasn't Weber or Scott Stevens in front of him.

this....

when folks say "Weber is difficult to play against" they are implying that some D are not difficult to play against. forwards know how to read jersey numbers

It seems teams are not hitting our forwards as much as in the past and its a much looser game so far. I want to play a bruising team, a team that believes you have to lay on the body, just to make sure this is not a mirage. Not sure who that would be...St.Louis? Washington? ..but we have fallen in the playoffs to that sort of thing so often in recent years.

That said , Toffoli and Anderson are solid looking guys, so laying on the body may not neutralize them to the same degree as it has to others. I have been so impressed by both and how they have become part of the fabric of the team so quickly.

Last edited:
It seems teams are not hitting our forwards as much as in the past and its a much looser game so far. I want to play a bruising team, a team that believes you have to lay on the body, just to make sure this is not a mirage. Not sure who that would be...St.Louis? Washington? ..but we have fallen in the playoffs to that sort of thing so often in recent years.

That said , Toffoli and Anderson are solid looking guys, so laying on the body may not neutralize them to the same degree as it has to others. I have been so impressed by both and how they have become part of the fabric of the team so quickly.
Habs have become that bruising team..

I thought the advent of analytics made +/- insignificant? Remember when Sheldon Souray led the league one season and was near bottom the next? Yeah.

Back